Ismaila Sarr

Aston_Villan4

He'd be a fantastic signing if we played with wingers, and we had wingers at the club who played on the left side rather than the position he plays in. 

Frankly I don't believe this happened. I think Sarr agent leaked this to hurry up Leeds and then we leaked the deal was off to stop the rumour mill. 

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Apparently Watford fans don’t rate him 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

Bit of a Youtube player, looks great vs United and Liverpool as they gave him lots of space but if watch weekly his end product isn't great

Like a more technical Adama Traore

Just now, Zatman said:

Bit of a Youtube player, looks great vs United and Liverpool as they gave him lots of space but if watch weekly his end product isn't great

Like a more technical Adama Traore

You could argue our own Traore was a bit of a YouTube player too. 

Have to be careful with talented yet very inconsistent players. It’s always worth listening to what fans that watch them week in week out have to say.

23 minutes ago, lexicon said:

One of the purported benefits of Gerrard was his ability to sign players. Perhaps word is getting out that he's not pleasant or beneficial to work with. 

Yeah well he had 3 years at Rangers so wouldn't " word " have gotten out about this sooner?

Sometimes, things are just what it says on the tin.

Usually, the main motivator or lack of is money. Lol

You think Ismaela Sarr was set to sign for us then decided " You know what, I've heard that he's unpleasant to work with, sod this I'm staying at Watford " 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah well he had 3 years at Rangers so wouldn't " word " have gotten out about this sooner?

You think Ismaela Sarr was set to sign for us then decided " You know what, I've heard that he's unpleasant to work with, sod this I'm staying at Watford " 

Maybe Sarr wanted a reference from somebody who played under him

Nice one Keinan 😛

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, lexicon said:

One of the purported benefits of Gerrard was his ability to sign players. Perhaps word is getting out that he's not pleasant or beneficial to work with. 

or after Saturdays game.....Sarr fancied Palace instead and got wind, there is interest there.

Ron Saunders or SAF wasn't popular to work for......Its only when they find the winning formula, is the hard work accepted.

Ben Foster pod this week talking about how transfers are done so if the way he describes it with this scenario that Watford are the only guaranteed innocent party.

Either us or Sarr pulled the plug on it as contracts are usually agreed before the bid is madw

1 minute ago, Rustibrooks said:

Seems like he was right about the new contract talks so I guess he got that right. We should probably lock the thread soon.

If he signs a new deal thats 3 players in 2 seasons we have been used by to get a new contract

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If he signs a new deal thats 3 players in 2 seasons we have been used by to get a new contract

I feel like this is quite common with most clubs these days, Cash's agent I'm sure did that to get his extension and I'm sure another player of ours did as well I can't remember who? I guess Douglas Luiz as well even though he has officially signed.

3 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

I feel like this is quite common with most clubs these days, Cash's agent I'm sure did that to get his extension and I'm sure another player of ours did as well I can't remember who? I guess Douglas Luiz as well even though he has officially signed.

Might be common but I dont think any bids were made for Cash just floating a club in the media

We have bid for 3 players quite publicly

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He was operating in a different sphere then tbh - the calibre of player is higher now and there is a lot more competition for their signature. Rangers couldn't begin to look at players like Sarr, let alone Kamara or Carlos. 

In any case, I was hypothesising somewhat. No idea what his reputation is like among players he's worked with but the high turnover of players Rangers has been a concern since the time we were linked with him. 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

or after Saturdays game.....Sarr fancied Palace instead and got wind, there is interest there.

Ron Saunders or SAF wasn't popular to work for......Its only when they find the winning formula, is the hard work accepted.

People would accept the ego of those coaches, especially Fergie, because they could back up their arrogance with evidence of success at the highest level. Being difficult to work with is not a good thing, though, and has to be balanced with something else.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Might be common but I dont think any bids were made for Cash just floating a club in the media

We have bid for 3 players quite publicly

I don’t think we were public about it though, I presume it came out via the player’s agents. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rustibrooks said:

Seems like he was right about the new contract talks so I guess he got that right. We should probably lock the thread soon.

Issue is he probably won't sign a new contract will he? He's two years left and he's guaranteed a move next summer if he just stays put for now. If that's the case Watford will be keen for him to leave this window. 

Keeping Archer around and not signing Sarr is fine by me. It's not an area we were weak in right now either. A new 8 with Sanson leaving and a CB to replace Carlos are more pressing 

• Like 2

Â