Ismaila Sarr

Aston_Villan4

25 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Just to throw another angle at this. Since Deeney was at Watford there has clearly been an anti-Villa feel about that club & it's players. He no doubt poisoned the minds of several of their players, evidenced by the comments at the start of the summer when a certain former Derby Midfielder was pillioried by his fellow teamates posting messages pleading with him not to join Villa. I seem to remember the "Oh no not Villa don't join them" messages, or something along those lines being posted?  Nothing came of that transfer, but the overall feeling was there was a real team dislike of AVFC...no doubt fed by the saddo Deeney etc. I believe they have one or two of our old players there too? 

May be nothing of course, but the fact that it sounds like we were basically being taken the "P" out of by Sarr & or his camp etc does not surprise me in the slightest. It also does not surprise me if he came over as not really wanting the move. 

On that basis I would be very dubious to have him here regardless. If Gerrard saw or got wind of this then fair play to him for dropping his interest. The last thing we need is another negative influence in the dressing room or half cocked player who didn't really want the move.

I doubt they give two craps about us. Like most clubs outside the midlands.

We have the SGT connection so there are other clubs I dislike more than Watford. 

15 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Can someone explain this to me.

We are told the player is a long term target.

We obviously have contacted Watford and negotiated a deal.

We have negotiated a contract with the player.

We are now lead to believe that either Watford have upped the requirements or the player has.

Because of the above we walk away from the deal, no further negotiations.

That doesnt sound right to me.

The other rumour that Lange wanted him and Gerrard didnt also seem a bit weird. I mean how can the manager pull the plug on a deal that has been done by someone else at the club?

Long term target means we identified the player as one we might be able to sign and have monitored him since then. I assume that was after his first season with Watford

We appear to have agreed a fee with Watford but it's not 100% clear if that was to include Hause and Archer going to Watford or not.

At no point was it reported that we had negotiated a contract with the player. It was always said personal terms yet to be agreed.

Yes, it appears either the addition of Archer to the deal or what seems to be coming out that's more likely is that we couldn't agree personal terms with the player. Or a combination of both.

When we can't agree terms with a player there is no moving forward. We are lead to believe Rashica situation was the same two seasons ago. Recently with Carney no deal to be struck. If you can't agree terms you have to move on. 

It sounds right to me.

The other rumour is nonsense. Gerrard has said he talks to Lange and the recruitment department daily. 

• Like 1

Romano has just said that this collapse was all down to the player, not the Clubs.

And we were allegedly pissed at whatever the player did.

Everything was done and dusted between the clubs.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Yes thats what i mean by well run clubs what we need to aim at. Harry/Levy at Spurs, Arsenal and United in recent times are deadline day panic buys

I rather have our business done by now and on the training ground. If a great deal comes up take it if not its panic buying

But that doesn't always work,  all teams would want there business down before preseason/ season starts. 

Sometimes you have to play the long game and wait,  I'd rather do that and get the player we want,  than just buying someone for the sake of it,  if that means it's deadline day then so be it. 

Fans crack me up thinking multi million pound deals Happen so easily,  this is not football manager,  there's many reason a transfer is delayed and might night go through till last day. 

Edited by Joshie2000
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Romano has just said that this collapse was all down to the player, not the Clubs.

Must’ve been a last minute hail mary at an extra 50k a week or something? Also, do we know if it was the player himself or his reps?

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He probably said he didn't want to play as one of Gerrard's marauding CB's.

Just Kidding Finger Guns GIF

3 hours ago, KMitch said:

Thank god this is off...  Wrong player who is inconsistent and lazy.  I wouldn't give Gerrard another dime at this point.  

I'm always intrigued by players being called lazy. What exactly about Ismaila Sarr makes him lazy?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

On twitter?

The Athletic say the same. Couldn't agree terms with the player.

If player has moved goalposts last minute then it's impossible for the move to be resurrected as it's gone sour. Attitude problem etc..

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

On twitter?

If player has moved goalposts last minute then it's impossible for the move to be resurrected as it's gone sour. Attitude problem etc..

Nah just saw a video clip of him speaking to that Villa fan reporter he does videos with sometimes. I'll try to link, but it's from Facebook.

12 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Must’ve been a last minute hail mary at an extra 50k a week or something? Also, do we know if it was the player himself or his reps?

Does he believe in god? His parish might have needed a new spire. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

On twitter?

Even says the Main parts of personal terms were completed etc. Villa link to Facebook video below.

https://www.facebook.com/100000473462841/videos/473858194280963/

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ccfcman said:

I'm always intrigued by players being called lazy. What exactly about Ismaila Sarr makes him lazy?

Don't make this out to be a race thing...  You're trying to imply something that I'm not.  Read Watford's forum which I quoted yesterday...  His biggest weapon is his pace and he doesn't use it most games.  They're happy to sell him, especially for 25 million, considering they paid 28 million for him and he's incredibly inconsistent.  They consider him to be a flop.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Even says the Main parts of personal terms were completed etc. Villa link to Facebook video below.

https://www.facebook.com/100000473462841/videos/473858194280963/

Well I don't think any Villa fans want a player who isn't professional and up front on what they want. To last minute ask for something (I've a feeling it might be a release clause or something like a sign on bonus or something). It can't be wages as surely they're the first things agreed

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I did feel like it was odd that we agreed deal with the clubs first and were looking to agree a deal with the player when it was first reported.

Just now, Laughable Chimp said:

I did feel like it was odd that we agreed deal with the clubs first and were looking to agree a deal with the player when it was first reported.

You mean the way it's supposed to be done?  Agreeing a deal with the player's representation before getting permission from his club is what's known as "tapping up" and is not technically legal.  

Just now, KMitch said:

You mean the way it's supposed to be done?  Agreeing a deal with the player's representation before getting permission from his club is what's known as "tapping up" and is not technically legal.  

Yeah but isn't it almost always done anyway? Clubs usually don't move for players before they know they can get the player to join them on reasonable terms.

I just thought it was odd because I feel like its pretty uncommon for it to be reported that the clubs have agreed a deal but the player hasn't.

Â