Ismaila Sarr

Aston_Villan4

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Because you want your players in before pre season to work with them

Signing 3 players on deadline day and you are way behind other better run clubs. You dont see Liverpool/City rushing about on deadline day looking for key positions

City and Liverpool have world class squads with two or sometimes three players in each position. 

They are at the stage where one first team signing is usually a window for them. 

5 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

City and Liverpool have world class squads with two or sometimes three players in each position. 

They are at the stage where one first team signing is usually a window for them. 

Yes thats what i mean by well run clubs what we need to aim at. Harry/Levy at Spurs, Arsenal and United in recent times are deadline day panic buys

I rather have our business done by now and on the training ground. If a great deal comes up take it if not its panic buying

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I hadn't engaged you at all before you decided to make a snide comment to me first over a completely innocuous post. This is on you. Please do me and everyone else on here a favor and stop talking at me.

This will be my last comment to you.

Does anyone know how I can permanently mute this guy?

You overreacted to a comment that was meant as a little bit of light teasing. I suppose everyone should be aware that you're an incredibly sensitive soul, so this is a useful PSA.

In any case:

Click on your name in the top right corner and select 'ignored users' - then search for my name and select to ignore everything. 

Then perhaps Google how to have a sense of humour. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Sounds like we are close to the FFP and can't offer him stupid wages due to our bloated squad.  A whiff of desperation is coming out of Villa Park.

We're nowhere near our limit.

Word does get round when a club are splashing silly wages about though.

What they're paying Digne £160k a week? A past it Coutinho £140k a week? Well they can pay my client £150k a week as well then.

Yet another reason we should be keeping our spending under control. Older players, like the ones Gerrard has signed, want bigger salaries... everyone else follows.

5 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Very weird that the blame is being put on Gerrard when we simply don’t know. People will honestly twist anything to conform to their dislike of Gerrard. Let’s just wait and see. Hopefully, we are moving on several players. 

Just me that finds it annoying when the tit comms director pipes up about the odd thing every so often? What does he know about transfers? I would hope very little.

Overall an encouraging sign £25-30m is there to spend I would say.

Just to throw another angle at this. Since Deeney was at Watford there has clearly been an anti-Villa feel about that club & it's players. He no doubt poisoned the minds of several of their players, evidenced by the comments at the start of the summer when a certain former Derby Midfielder was pillioried by his fellow teamates posting messages pleading with him not to join Villa. I seem to remember the "Oh no not Villa don't join them" messages, or something along those lines being posted?  Nothing came of that transfer, but the overall feeling was there was a real team dislike of AVFC...no doubt fed by the saddo Deeney etc. I believe they have one or two of our old players there too? 

May be nothing of course, but the fact that it sounds like we were basically being taken the "P" out of by Sarr & or his camp etc does not surprise me in the slightest. It also does not surprise me if he came over as not really wanting the move. 

On that basis I would be very dubious to have him here regardless. If Gerrard saw or got wind of this then fair play to him for dropping his interest. The last thing we need is another negative influence in the dressing room or half cocked player who didn't really want the move.

• Haha 1

Can someone explain this to me.

We are told the player is a long term target.

We obviously have contacted Watford and negotiated a deal.

We have negotiated a contract with the player.

We are now lead to believe that either Watford have upped the requirements or the player has.

Because of the above we walk away from the deal, no further negotiations.

That doesnt sound right to me.

The other rumour that Lange wanted him and Gerrard didnt also seem a bit weird. I mean how can the manager pull the plug on a deal that has been done by someone else at the club?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Just to throw another angle at this. Since Deeney was at Watford there has clearly been an anti-Villa feel about that club & it's players. He no doubt poisoned the minds of several of their players, evidenced by the comments at the start of the summer when a certain former Derby Midfielder was pillioried by his fellow teamates posting messages pleading with him not to join Villa. I seem to remember the "Oh no not Villa don't join them" messages, or something along those lines being posted?  Nothing came of that transfer, but the overall feeling was there was a real team dislike of AVFC...no doubt fed by the saddo Deeney etc. I believe they have one or two of our old players there too? 

May be nothing of course, but the fact that it sounds like we were basically being taken the "P" out of by Sarr & or his camp etc does not surprise me in the slightest. It also does not surprise me if he came over as not really wanting the move. 

On that basis I would be very dubious to have him here regardless. If Gerrard saw or got wind of this then fair play to him for dropping his interest. The last thing we need is another negative influence in the dressing room or half cocked player who didn't really want the move.

I don't think any of that is even remotely likely. The only Villa players there are Big Keinan on loan, and Tom Cleverley who was on loan eight years ago.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

It was Will Hughes being spoken to by Ben Foster. Foster was on loan at blues. 

I don't think there's much in your theory

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

It was Will Hughes being spoken to by Ben Foster. Foster was on loan at blues. 

I don't think there's much in your theory

I agree. This seems more fantasy/conspiracy theory than anything else.

Â