Match Thread: Crystal Palace v Villa

limpid

Just now, allani said:

Yes they are - at least they are partly.  McGinn's passing is dreadful.  His close control is poor.  He's spent the best part of 2 seasons failing to track back when players run past him.  He is a lower PL player.  He's not the only one.

On the flip side - Dean lost his job for not sorting out our midfield.  And unless Gerrard pulls a rabbit out of the hat in the next week and a bit - he's going to lose his job for not sorting out our midfield.  The next manager needs to sign players who provide us with the ability to compete in the middle of the park otherwise they will also be sacked.

I think the majority of Gerrard's signings have improved us - but his decision to make McGinn captain is baffling.  Shortly followed by playing JJ and McGinn and then wondering why we have no control.  And then having Konsa start three matches this season.

I think we are somewhere between 9th - 12th on paper but we need a couple of tremendous signings this week to get there.  Unless Gerrard does that then I can't see him being here at Christmas.

Gerrard doesn’t sign players, except Coutinho. Lange does.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I think he has bewn non existant mate this half. Bailey has done alot more. Emi should have been taken off instead of leon

Maybe, but I don't think up front is the problem, we would make Messi look crap