Match Thread: Crystal Palace v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Another game where it looks like we are playing with no midfield.

This.

Opposition playing right through us as normal.

Said it before, doesn't seem to matter who we buy. Kamara was supposed to shore up our midfield. We're as porous as ever.

**** shite.

Just now, Keyblade said:

Bro it's the coaching 100%. Only coaching and tactical setup can get players looking like more than the sum of their parts. And the lack thereof results in the opposite. This should be a case study.

I'll tell you what, i'll blame the players ( Konsa and McGinn notably ) but i've also got to blame the Manager for picking them.

Anyway, hope to god he sees that a change in approach/personnel is a must for the 2nd half.

I knew Palace would be extra fired up for this, having lost 2 games whilst playing well against good teams, they will have seen us as a must win.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Absolutely crazy that we're level and that it's still 11 vs 11. There are more goals and a red card or two in this game.

The ref has shown two cards - there's never going to be a red :D

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Don't get me wrong I agree.

That's what i'm saying, on PAPER we should be superior, but it seems some of our players can't even pass ffs.

Palace players look superior in strength, skill and application right now.

As I keep on saying - the balance of our team (particularly the midfield is all wrong).  I also think that some people massively overrate our players / underrate the opposition - I think it is pretty much 50/50 between the teams on paper.  The difference is that Palace have a more balanced midfield.  Until we sort this problem we are always going to struggle and be inconsistent in terms of our results.  We need another CM to spread the load with Kamara and then allow either McGinn or JJ a bit more freedom to focus more on supporting the attack.  As it is we are always at least 1 player short in the middle of the park - usually 2 because McGinn seems to have an allergic reaction to actually trying to track back.

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Yes, quite.... A lot of nice sounding words said with an edgey scouse accent but its all a bit blah blah at the moment, just waiting for SG to say "we go again" to complete the nightmare

You better get used to him,he ain't going nowhere.

Just now, Troglodyte said:

The assist, you mean?

Our central midfield looking clueless and our inability to either retain possession effectively or counter with purpose is what's rendering Bailey ineffective. He's not "awful" at all. 

He’s had time and opportunity on the ball and **** it every time bar 1 flicked on header. Caught in possession, shit first touch and no ball retention at all. He’s been awful. As have others. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Yes, because we're playing like relegation fodder. 40% possession against an OK Palace side in 3rd gear and we've got zero style or purpose on show.

they're not in third gear at all, they're playing will full force. it's still tied at 45min and we have 3pts after 2 games.

I dunno, panic if you want to I guess...

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I think we look no different, as much of a mess, but dont think for a minute getting rid of Smith was the wrong thing to do.

No certainly not what I meant, I was just searching for the improvement...