Pre Match Thread

rjw63

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I think we’ll just about beat Everton but play poorly and the Gerrard supporters will say “see it’s all ok and we are overreacting” whereas the reality is that Everton are just as bad as us and it’ll be a really poor game with the same issues for both teams.

That’s my prediction.  

I think I might stay off this site Saturday whether we win or lose because it’s not going to be a friendly or reasonable site after the game whatever happens from either side of the Gerrard debate and I’m just as bad.

What if we beat Everton 5-0 with a masterclass display and Lampard resigns at the final whistle as he realises he can’t compete tactically with Gerrard? 😬😀

5 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

This is a picture of a hat. 

Cowboy Hat Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images - iStock | Types of  Cowboy Hats, Styles of Cowboy Hats - iStock

This is a hat that I will consume if Gerrard doesn't start with McGinn and Ramsey, and doesn't pick Coutinho over Buendia. 

On Saturday, I am going to be eating fish and chips, and probably not a hat. 

Will you eat half a hat if he does one of those and not the other?

Also are you eating a picture of that hat, or you going to buy that exact hat just to eat?

Though you’re probably still safe either way!

Edited by ender4

6 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

You or me?

I thought you were because you honestly don’t believe that do you?  If you do, wow, but I guess the proof will be in the pudding on Saturday if we win.  I’m on fairly safe ground with my prediction.

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Will you eat half a hat if he does one of those and not the other?

Also are you eating a picture of that hat, or you going to buy that exact hat just to eat?

Though you’re probably still safe either way!

I feel safe, but if both scenario's are not met (i.e Buendia starts and Ramsey and McGinn are not paired) then I guess I will have to eat the actual hat. 

If Sanson were to start, I'd go as far as donating £50 to Acorns. But we all know that the hat is likely to be consumed before then. 

1 hour ago, Villa87 said:

I think we should go: 

Emi

Cash Carlos Mings Digne

Luiz Kamara

Bailey Buendia Coutinho

Ings

Gerrard will go:

Emi

Cash Chambers Carlos Digne

McGinn Kamara Luiz

Bailey Coutinho

Watkins

As long as Ramsey and McGinn don't both start.

I think we need to go two up top if Everton are playing 3 at the back.

-------------------------Martinez--------------------------------
Cash--------Some -----defenders-----------Digne----
----------------------Kamara-------------------------------------
---------McGinn----------------------Luiz---------------------
----------------------Coutinho----------------------------------
-------Watkins-------------------Ings-------------------------

I don't see him changing it much if at all. Like most managers, Gerrard is stubborn. I think he'll justify it by saying he wanted the players who started at Bournemouth to justify their selection and show that they have learnt from last week. Unfortunately.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

I don't see him changing it much if at all. Like most managers, Gerrard is stubborn. I think he'll justify it by saying he wanted the players who started at Bournemouth to justify their selection and show that they have learnt from last week. Unfortunately.

He really should be sacked on the spot if thats the case

Only change I see him make is the classic Watkins for Ings

• Like 2

The Everton game will be similar to Bournemouth, they will sit deep with a low block and hit us on the counter.  It's utterly baffling that Gerrard isn't capable of beating teams in a low-block, he played against one every week in Scotland with the exception of Celtic. 

Depressing reading other supporters opinions on Reddit. They see things are wrong. A catastrophe in the making, Villa are going down etc with the whispers of fall outs and our performances in the past few months.

I don’t have much confidence in SG but please god win tomorrow and play decent. 

It's a really hard one to predict - Everton will go three at the back which can be difficult for us, but with Godfrey out and Mina probably missing, it'll be a very new back three, probably Tarkowski, Holgate and Coady who won't have played together before - their midfield last time out was Doucoure and Iwobi, but they've signed a giant young fella for £30m since then and may have Idrissa Gueye too (?) - the most consistent area of their team is up front, because they don't have a striker - but they may have a side out tomorrow that has four changes from the one that played last weekend. 

They're chaotic and new and unprepared and there's an opportunity for us - but then there's also a chance they might click on day one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steero113 said:

This is a picture of a hat. 

Cowboy Hat Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images - iStock | Types of  Cowboy Hats, Styles of Cowboy Hats - iStock

This is a hat that I will consume if Gerrard doesn't start with McGinn and Ramsey, and doesn't pick Coutinho over Buendia. 

On Saturday, I am going to be eating fish and chips, and probably not a hat. 

Fish, chips, hat, and gravy?

4 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Such a huge game this. If we lose this at home it's probably the season written off and beginning of the end of Gerrard. New head coach and another reset etc..

Seriously, two games and you are writing the season off. W ow.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Mings will never be able to look him in the eye if he’s looking over his shoulder. Perhaps they all need to look at themselves in the mirror instead. 

And tell Noel Whelan to look over the edge of the cliff before giving him a gentle poke (yes KW fans)

Need to start looking up the table and looking like a team up for a fight. Look, with someone like Gerrard to look up to, it’s simply unacceptable for the players not to look busy and I don’t want to look down on any player but they better start making their own luck.

• Like 1