rjw63

28 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I agree 100% with what you are saying,but

SG has been going on about how we are in a good place

How the team has gelled and got to know each other on tour

How he planned to hit the ground running

How well the new signings have fitted in

How well the pre-season has gone

AND THEN he dishes up the load of crap we watched last week.FFS.

Very true!

20 minutes ago, jim said:

This thread man.

I was pulled up the other day for my negativity towards Smith after bad results and shouldn't have a go at others doing the same now. But my word some of y'all are taking it to a whole new level.

I've never seen so much hate and negativity in the 15 or so years I have been here.

It's not great right now but some are acting like we've lost 10 games on the spin and spent half a billy in the process.

I've spent less time on VT this week cuz so much negativity isn't good for your health.  Really hope tomorrow is the performance we all want but then again if it was some would find plenty to complain about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

At Everton, Lampard's teams' have shipped 73 goals on the road, working out at an average of 1.92 goals conceded every 90 minutes.

A comfortable 3 - 0 win for Everton then as per standard Villa way?

Indeed. Who 'desperately needs' to get their Everton career up and running??

I just hope we put in a good performance against Everton. We're their bogey team. 14 out of 18 points against them since we came up. First home game of the season. Remember our first home game in our first season back was against them and VP was electric that day. Hope we can replicate that. If we can't get a good performance against a disjointed Everton side, I'll lose what little hope I had left.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I just hope we put in a good performance against Everton. We're their bogey team. 14 out of 18 points against them since we came up. First home game of the season. Remember our first home game in our first season back was against them and VP was electric that day. Hope we can replicate that. If we can't get a good performance against a disjointed Everton side, I'll lose what little hope I had left.

Aah, the days of these superstars…

• Like 1

Nothing positive to report no consolation to offer.

When a manager falls out with the club captain, players find themselves distracted and with divided loyalties.

Definitely not the right way to start a make or break season.

It is going to be difficult to watch, I suspect it will be another afternoon watching the manager grimacing on the bench.

• Like 1

If we are going to continue to persist with believing in Coutinho as we knew him then I see two options with players I expect Gerrard would start;

Watkins Bailey

Coutinho

McGinn Kamara Luiz

or more preferably because we all want Emi in the side

Watkins

Coutinho Buendia Bailey

Kamara Luiz/McGinn

I think what’s likely to happen is maybe Luiz will come in for Ramsey and that’s it.

• Like 2

Predicting that it'll be the same lineup as last week, except for Luiz coming in for Ramsey (good), Watkins coming in for Ings and maybe Chambers for Konsa. I don't really care, I just want to see a good performance. 

• Like 1