Pre Match Thread

rjw63

13 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Luiz needs to play to receive the ball from Kamara.

One of Ramsey and Mcginn to be benched.

Chambers in for Konsa.

Should be enough, hopefully for the win.

You realise there is more chance of the sun not rising tomorrow morning than mcginn not starting dont you? I dont know why so many posters dont understand this when suggesting lineups

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

You realise there is more chance of the sun not rising tomorrow morning than mcginn not starting dont you? I dont know why so many posters dont understand this when suggesting lineups

Yo it's tomorrow in Sydney and it still remains dark as night!

• Like 1

Gerrard absolutely has to have us ticking against Everton. They've just brought in a new CB and a new CDM, both of whom will have to have some time to settle in, and they don't have a striker other than Rondon, who might not even play.

If we fail to beat an Everton team that is still rebuilding, under Frank Lampard, it will get pretty ugly on here and at Villa Park.

Really hope we actually see a tactical plan and we come away with a comfortable win. Both us and Gerrard need to start seeing some green shoots when it comes to a consistent game plan.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Gerrard absolutely has to have us ticking against Everton. They've just brought in a new CB and a new CDM, both of whom will have to have some time to settle in, and they don't have a striker other than Rondon, who might not even play.

If we fail to beat an Everton team that is still rebuilding, under Frank Lampard, it will get pretty ugly on here and at Villa Park.

Really hope we actually see a tactical plan and we come away with a comfortable win. Both us and Gerrard need to start seeing some green shoots when it comes to a consistent game plan.

Agreed fully, but I just cannot get away from the feeling that this has 0-0 written all over it.

I think Everton at home is probably the easiest fixture in the Premier at this point in time so I expect a bounce back win. Defeat will beg serious questions about the manager, his team building and his ability to influence performances at individual and team level.

Edited by Paul33
  • Like 2

Just now, daft said:

Agreed fully, but I just cannot get away from the feeling that this has 0-0 written all over it.

I think we’ll just about beat Everton but play poorly and the Gerrard supporters will say “see it’s all ok and we are overreacting” whereas the reality is that Everton are just as bad as us and it’ll be a really poor game with the same issues for both teams.

That’s my prediction.  

I think I might stay off this site Saturday whether we win or lose because it’s not going to be a friendly or reasonable site after the game whatever happens from either side of the Gerrard debate and I’m just as bad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think we’ll just about beat Everton but play poorly and the Gerrard supporters will say “see it’s all ok and we are overreacting” whereas the reality is that Everton are just as bad as us and it’ll be a really poor game with the same issues for both teams.

That’s my prediction.  

I think I might stay off this site Saturday whether we win or lose because it’s not going to be a friendly or reasonable site after the game whatever happens from either side of the Gerrard debate and I’m just as bad.

Yeah, I had the same thoughts, but I've grown some thick skin after hanging around VT for close to 20 years now, so I'll probably be here Saturday come hell or high water. 😅

23 minutes ago, daft said:

It’s hot has hell and neither teams wants to lose their opening two games. 0-0 written all over it. 

19 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

I think Everton at home is probably the easiest fixture in the Premier at this point in time

I don’t think you can say this about any team so early in the season.  Even under Tactics Tim we looked like we should have more than enough to stay up after the first few games. (Even in defeat).

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

57 minutes ago, daft said:

Yeah, I had the same thoughts, but I've grown some thick skin after hanging around VT for close to 20 years now, so I'll probably be here Saturday come hell or high water. 😅

Me too most likely, I try my best to stay away but I always turn up 😭😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

That’s my prediction.  

Not one person will say this. 

Zero. 

• Like 1

What's more important to you?

Dominating performance. Clear plan and strategy. Series of excellent performances. (But Everton steal a sneaky draw in true Football Manager style).

Or...

A scrappy, disjointed and same old rubbish  performance, but victory and three points.

Its the former for me. I need to see progress.

9 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I'm giving Gerrard one final chance.

But if his lineup on Saturday has McGinn and Ramsey in midfield, and Coutinho over Buendia, I am done.

This is a picture of a hat. 

Cowboy Hat Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images - iStock | Types of  Cowboy Hats, Styles of Cowboy Hats - iStock

This is a hat that I will consume if Gerrard doesn't start with McGinn and Ramsey, and doesn't pick Coutinho over Buendia. 

On Saturday, I am going to be eating fish and chips, and probably not a hat. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2