Pre Match Thread

rjw63

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

That's very extreme, I haven't seen any of this. Could you quote some of these posts? I don't think even Zatman hates Gerrard enough to want Villa to lose.

I think it’s very obvious that a number on this thread do but let’s ask them. Who would prefer villa to lose today if it meant that the manager was sacked? For avoidance of doubt I’m firmly supportive of the manager. 

4 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

I think it’s very obvious that a number on this thread do but let’s ask them. Who would prefer villa to lose today if it meant that the manager was sacked? For avoidance of doubt I’m firmly supportive of the manager. 

I never want Villa to lose despite what I feel about the manager past or present.  

For the avoidance of doubt I support the manager 100% during games but I’m less than convinced that he’s right for us generally and seen nothing to date to change my mind but I’m open for him to change my mind if things improve.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

These journalists are surely paid by the club?

No challenging questions whatsoever.

Very boring press conference.

Journalists today can't climb the corporate ladder if they ask uncomfortable questions. This goes for all areas they cover, not just football. They are part of the football machine much like their colleagues that cover politics are part of the political establishment. 

It's all a bit corrupt and nepotistic really, but not exclusive to football and the Premier League. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DakotaVilla said:

Bullshit nobody wants us to lose, difference between wanting amd expecting.

Even if we scrape a 1-0 playing his putrid style of football people won't be happy

Edited by Zatman

10 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Loving this. Even after all these years, I still get that buzz as I climb the steps inside the Holte step out into the sunlight and get my first view of the pitch. Always seems like the first time I have seen it and I still have to take a picture 

Edited by Robtaylor200
  • Like 2

After last weeks dross I have no idea why I’m feeling confident for this game. Everton played well last weekend but was it just because it was opening day of the season or was it they just raised their game because they were playing one of the big boys.

Never usually want to say 2nd game of the season is a big game but I feel like a loss here and the wheels will start to come off for Gerrard but I expect a reaction from the players. 

Starting line up wise I expect Watkins to come in, either for Bailey or Ings and possibly Douglas Luiz in for Ramsey. Coutinho was poor last week but I don’t expect him to get dropped for Buendia yet. I don’t expect Gerrard to climb down from Mings dropping so early so unchanged elsewhere.

For some reason I’ve got in my head it’s going to be a convincing 3-0/3-1 win which I will no doubt look back on and look stupid but I think this week has seen a lot of negative stuff from Villa and I think the players will come flying out the blocks. 

17 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Just f**king win. 

I don't care if it's 1-0 and it goes in off the corner flag. Win. 

While the points are important we need to show something performance wise or its just papering over the cracks

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Amazing the narrative all the same around this. 

The mood is Gerrard is under pressure and more so tomorrow if we lose. 

Everton lose and it’s 2 consecutive defeats, on the back of barely staying in the league and the there is no talk of Lampard been under pressure. 

Everton also narrowly lost to Chelsea a game they were in

We lost to Bournemouth a game we didn't bother competing in

How I would love to see wingers playing on the wing and Ings in the middle. I truly believe that get the crosses in and Ings will be the better option to score. Surely this the reason he scored so many before coming to Villa. Play to his ability rather than ask him to pay differently 

16 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Villa Park in the sunshine - yes please.

Parking up more than two hours before a 12:30 kick off so that you can find a space - well, I suppose it's just how it is isn't it?

Yep, Ash Tree here I come