Emi

Cash Chambers Carlos Digne

McGinn Kamara Luiz

Bailey Coutinho

Watkins

Spot on what I think too

Id go

Untitled.jpg.3d7789c58abc5ab7ba8e4a1528e4604e.jpg

Play with wingers, and shake it up a bit, drop Ramsey, Coutinho, Konsa, Ings and Captain untouchable. Get Watkins in there on the wing cutting in, so he's not the focal scoring point due to his confidence, just get him playing well again. Give Archer a go , Chambers a deserved start and stop sending Digne and Cash into kamikaze mode, we might actually defend properly.

Just now, Adam2003 said:

I actually do think we will beat Everton, they are dreadful. Not even a fit striker. So that’ll take some pressure off him.

They showed a bit of fight against Chelsea, do that against us and they will probably get a result.

• Like 1

Just now, duke313 said:

They showed a bit of fight against Chelsea, do that against us and they will probably get a result.

I think under Lampard its what they do, they try to kick and bore the opposition. Works against the bigger teams for a while

17 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I actually do think we will beat Everton, they are dreadful. Not even a fit striker. So that’ll take some pressure off him.

Agreed. But honestly it's a straight up stackable offence to lose to Everton right now. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mantis said:

No excuses for Buendia not to start, and no excuse to start Konsa over Mings either (Chambers however I would be fine with).

I’ll be surprised if he makes many changes other than mainly Luiz in for Ramsey, we all know how stubborn he can be. Maybe swap Ings for Watkins. Predictable stuff.

Would be pleasantly surprised if he changes more up but that only further indicates that he still doesn’t know what his best side is nor how to set them up correctly.

It’s a massive game, we need signs of improvement, progress and encouragement going forwards… an effective style of play would be more than welcome / we look clueless. Otherwise, the pressure and doubts will increase…

I just want us to succeed and I don’t give two shits about SG either way but if he is holding us back or we are regressing under his charge then he really needs to go, we need to stop pissing about.

• Like 1

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Agreed. But honestly it's a straight up stackable offence to lose to Everton right now. 

Very much so, the bare minimum we should expect is 3 points from this poor Everton side.

Really want us to turn up and put on a show… I don’t enjoy the negativity but the frustrations and anger exist because of the deficiencies and mistakes that are clear to see… it’s all very concerning.

I have lost faith in SG and cannot see any positive signs… but the best scenario is that we turn this around and start performing the way we should.

Otherwise, the only solution is to get rid.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Here we go.Second game of the season,and,already its a MUST WIN game.

A defeat can always happen even in a good performance, I’m just hopeful for not a shambolic performance.  

If we play really well with purpose, cohesion and a game plan but lose, I won’t be happy with the result but I will take comfort in the performance.  

None of this playing well for 45 minutes and pathetic for the other 45 minutes either.

On 06/08/2022 at 18:52, maqroll said:

Martinez 

Cash.      Mings.       Carlos.        Digne

McGinn.      Kamara.     Luiz

Bailey.             Watkins.      Buendia 

hard to see past that

Just now, nick76 said:

A defeat can always happen even in a good performance, I’m just hopeful for not a shambolic performance.  

If we play really well with purpose, cohesion and a game plan but lose, I won’t be happy with the result but I will take comfort in the performance.  

None of this playing well for 45 minutes and pathetic for the other 45 minutes either.

I agree 100% with what you are saying,but

SG has been going on about how we are in a good place

How the team has gelled and got to know each other on tour

How he planned to hit the ground running

How well the new signings have fitted in

How well the pre-season has gone

AND THEN he dishes up the load of crap we watched last week.FFS.

• Like 4