Pre Match Thread

rjw63

32-35 Degrees tomorrow. This rules out the British players for me. We must be smart and play a team used to the hot weather. Hope Gerrard see's this too. I would go with this tomorrow and we will win the game. Aston Vinderloo.

------------- Martinez--------------

Guilbert-Kamara-Carlos-Digne

--------------Nakamba(C)---------------

---Buendia-------------------Luiz-----

Traore- ----Bailey----Coutinho 

Edited by messi11
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, nick76 said:

A defeat can always happen even in a good performance, I’m just hopeful for not a shambolic performance.  

If we play really well with purpose, cohesion and a game plan but lose, I won’t be happy with the result but I will take comfort in the performance.  

None of this playing well for 45 minutes and pathetic for the other 45 minutes either.

If we play well we shouldn't lose, it's that simple. Everton are no world beaters and likely won't be playing a CF tomorrow. CM options are also mediocre compared to us. We've also beaten them 4 times out of 6 since coming up so other than it's hot I'm struggling to see what excuses there are to be made if we play another laboured game.

Going to be a very difficult few weeks for Gerrard if we don't win tomorrow, it's that simple.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Reported to be around 32 degrees lunchtime tomorrow in Birmingham. Hope common sense prevails and they let players take on water breaks. 

The Premier League announced earlier in the week that all weekend games would be having drinks breaks due to the weather.

Resisting urge to suggest it will give Gerrard a chance to review the tactics as we're already a goal down by that point...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Such a huge game this. If we lose this at home it's probably the season written off and beginning of the end of Gerrard. New head coach and another reset etc..

I am glad you are not leading us into battle

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

32-35 Degrees tomorrow. This rules out the British players for me. We must be smart and play a team used to the hot weather. Hope Gerrard see's this too. I would go with this tomorrow and we will win the game. Aston Vinderloo.

It's the same temperature for both teams 😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

I like the sound of this Nakambac guy

• Like 2

Amazing the narrative all the same around this. 

The mood is Gerrard is under pressure and more so tomorrow if we lose. 

Everton lose and it’s 2 consecutive defeats, on the back of barely staying in the league and the there is no talk of Lampard been under pressure. 

• Like 1

Overflowing with optimism last week. Utterly fed up and not confident in the slightest this week. Lets see if last week was just a one off. 0-1 after 7 minutes... a horrible quiet first half. And then a barmstorming second half to win 3-1 . 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Amazing the narrative all the same around this. 

The mood is Gerrard is under pressure and more so tomorrow if we lose. 

Everton lose and it’s 2 consecutive defeats, on the back of barely staying in the league and the there is no talk of Lampard been under pressure. 

Expectations are lower for Everton. They're skint and scraped survival on the penultimate day last season. Lampard also had less time on the job.