Relegation Battle - 22/23

Tayls

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Thank Christ for that win today.

Squeaky bum time to scrape another 2 or 3 points to be certain , games are running out...only another 15 games left.

I hope you don’t have any plans this evening, as Arteta, Guardiola, Klopp and company are currently bombing over to yours to hear your reasoning for a 40 game season.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I hope you don’t have any plans this evening, as Arteta, Guardiola, Klopp and company are currently bombing over to yours to hear your reasoning for a 40 game season.

I got 3 words and a symbol

Arab + Yank money

• Like 1

Hopefully another two wins and we close this thread. 
Really hope we begin that by winning against West Ham, one of the games we can’t think to win. We’ve done Brentford this season so hopefully West Ham aswell.

On 18/02/2023 at 19:00, Delphinho123 said:

And we could feasibly get 3. How did we get on against Bournemouth, Leeds, Leicester and West Ham this season? 

We’re a below average PL team and a bad run of luck/form could see us in a bit of trouble. 

On 18/02/2023 at 19:27, Delphinho123 said:

Leicester will finish above us, as will Wolves and maybe Palace. I can see another 14th place finish. Had Emery been in charge from the start of the season, I think we could have pushed towards a 10th/11th place finish. But that’s your lot. Our players aren’t good enough to finish higher. 

On 18/02/2023 at 19:52, Delphinho123 said:

Let’s see who’s right in a few weeks time. We could easily have lost the Spurs game as we were poor first half and we weren’t unlucky to lose today, they were just better than us. 

We haven’t been decent in every game either. We were poor against Wolves, Leeds and Leicester. Without question. 

I’m calling it as the one who is right already 😎

• Like 3

Now that the team have got a couple of wins on the board since the run of games that they were shaky in/were expected to lose, and have proven that they aren't going to collapse mentally (see previous years such as the O'Neill Stoke game or the Sherwood Leicester game) it's clear that there is zero chance of getting sucked down into the fight below.

A big two wins IMO.

I have no concerns about this season at all now. I mean, I don't expect anything more than a completely mid-table finish, but that's great compared to where we were under Gerrard. 

41 minutes ago, Tayls said:

So, the question now is, can we get 6 points over 13 games to ensure safety now that Kamara is out for god knows how long? 

I think you need help mate, unless this is a joke? 

We're the same odds as Liverpool to be relegated with the bookies right now.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, turvontour said:

Do you know when you're having an argument with a mate and then for no reason you completely go off on one and embarrass yourself then try to play it off as a joke?

17 minutes ago, turvontour said:

It’s a question! Only needs a yes or no. Feel free to elaborate on your answer if you so wish… 

Edited by Tayls

4 hours ago, Tayls said:

It’s a question! Only needs a yes or no. Feel free to elaborate on your answer if you so wish… 

Teams will stay up on 36-37 points just like last season. Beat Bournemouth and we're safe, simple as that.

5 hours ago, Tayls said:

So, the question now is, can we get 6 points over 13 games to ensure safety now that Kamara is out for god knows how long? 

Are you really worried about this? If yes then you must be quite the worry bomb. Ofc we're going to manage 6pts over 13 games. We'd have to revisit 15/16 season levels of shitness not to deliver on that lofty target.

10 hours ago, osmark86 said:

Are you really worried about this? If yes then you must be quite the worry bomb. Ofc we're going to manage 6pts over 13 games. We'd have to revisit 15/16 season levels of shitness not to deliver on that lofty target.

That season we got 0.45 points per game. To get another 6 points we'd need to get 0.46 points per game. So so long as we match the shitness of the worst top flight team weve ever had we should be fine

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

That season we got 0.45 points per game. To get another 6 points we'd need to get 0.46 points per game. So so long as we match the shitness of the worst top flight team weve ever had we should be fine

Don't even need 6 more points, one win would do it. 

Looking at those Bournemouth, Everton etc results and thinking how glad I am Emery came in when he did. Just a smooth and professional climb to midtable safety - miss that chance by even a couple more weeks and we could have been right down in what looks a horrible battle to be in (and a great one to watch from safety).

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Looking at those Bournemouth, Everton etc results and thinking how glad I am Emery came in when he did. Just a smooth and professional climb to midtable safety - miss that chance by even a couple more weeks and we could have been right down in what looks a horrible battle to be in (and a great one to watch from safety).

very true this, i remember after the Fulham game it was a really bad feeling, we knew we had to find a new manager, but the run of games we had after that Fulham game was really, really tough.

We really could have been in a right mess if things turned out differently, Emery has done a great job to get us to comfortable mid table tbh, we were in a right mess.