Relegation Battle - 22/23

Tayls

8 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

May be tag it to the Steven Gerrard thread

Or pin it to the top and rename it "The shame of Steven Gerrard, Villa's worst ever manager" as a reminder that things could always be worse.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Was ridiculous panic a month ago. A team who could finish top 4 this season will probably have lost away to Man. City and at home to Arsenal so people just basing it on Leicester was very OTT.

I'd genuinely love to know some of the reasons although obvious poster just seems to thrive on the negativity but will leave it at that.

Nice to be all but safe, no we must heed the manager's words and push on towards 50 points and top half.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Just praying we can get to the magic 40 mark  games are running out big time

You need to relax a little, plenty of games left to pick up two points. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

So now the relegation battle is over, man it feels good to have it done and dusted with loads of games remaining, let’s hope we don’t have to open one of those again! 

Edited by Tayls

On 18/03/2023 at 13:29, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Forever!

I prefer not to see the thread deleted. It represents part of the historical process. Anyone who knew at the beginning of February that we were absolutely 100% safe from the drop should have been making huge bets on our safety at that point. At the same time, anyone who seriously fears relegation now should really be putting their money where their sphincters are.

Deleting this thread is the kind of thing people without imaginations do. They want stuff to be black and white on demand, on or off, here or there. That's not Aston Villa. When we're mathematically safe, lock it. But don't ever delete, please -- including your call for deletion, which is cool and understandable (but wrongheaded), too. I like to be able to see how VTs felt through this amazing year. It's all part of the experience and memories.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I prefer not to see the thread deleted. It represents part of the historical process. Anyone who knew at the beginning of February that we were absolutely 100% safe from the drop should have been making huge bets on our safety at that point. At the same time, anyone who seriously fears relegation now should really be putting their money where their sphincters are.

Deleting this thread is the kind of thing people without imaginations do. They want stuff to be black and white on demand, on or off, here or there. That's not Aston Villa. When we're mathematically safe, lock it. But don't ever delete, please. 

Was a joke. We are safe. 40pts is a load of bollocks. 36 has been enough last 5 seasons

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Tayls said:

So now the relation battle is over, man it feels good to have it done and dusted with loads of games remaining, let’s hope we don’t have to open one of those again! 

That battle will never end, they'll always turn up at Christmas/ Birthdays!

• Haha 3

Just now, picicata said:

That battle will never end, they'll always turn up at Christmas/ Birthdays!

Hah! Just fixed it as well but now you have immortalised it on these pages forever! 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Was a joke. We are safe. 40pts is a load of bollocks. 36 has been enough last 5 seasons

Hey, I'm American. I'm allowed to be confused by British humour -- and then awkwardly take things seriously suddenly in a way that's embarrassing to all but me. 
giphy.gif

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Deleting this thread is the kind of thing people without imaginations do. They want stuff to be black and white on demand, on or off, here or there. That's not Aston Villa. When we're mathematically safe, lock it. But don't ever delete, please -- including your call for deletion, which is cool and understandable (but wrongheaded), too. I like to be able to see how VTs felt through this amazing year. It's all part of the experience and memories.

Just a joke, it's fine.

• Like 1

Hey guys, was funny for a while though wasn't it, when I was pretending to be worried about relegation. Some of you lot got well stroppy. A few even blocked me! 

Edited by Tayls
  • Haha 1