Relegation Battle - 22/23

Tayls

5 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Relegation might be a possibility after today. Maybe people are right, we just need to get to 40 points and hope for the best.

We were 17th under Gerrard, maybe we can just about not finish lower than that under a supposedly far superior manager. 

You seem very down about losing today to the league leaders… a few beers? We are no closer to relegation now than we were this morning, and still I would guess most people’s picks to finish 11th when you look at the bottom half. Disappointing that Europe is looking out of reach (always a long shot) but relegation? If we didn’t get another point we would probably finish above Southampton and Bournemouth.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Supposedly?

The way we've thrown away the last two home games is a concern.

It's easy to blame managers but I just am completely dumbfounded how we've thrown the game away at home twice in quick succession, the manager can't escape blame for that.

We need to get back ton winning ways ASAP, we really do. 

6 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

You seem very down about losing today to the league leaders… a few beers? We are no closer to relegation now than we were this morning, and still I would guess most people’s picks to finish 11th when you look at the bottom half. Disappointing that Europe is looking out of reach (always a long shot) but relegation? If we didn’t get another point we would probably finish above Southampton and Bournemouth.

I'm very down about it, I need some time out from this team for a day or two.

We're still nine points clear and that's with all Bournemouth, Palace, Wolves, Everton, Leeds, and Southampton picking up points as it stands.

The only reason we're not more than nine points clear is because we've just playe the two best teams in the league.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I think the Leicester result is making the last 2 defeats feel far worse than they actually are.

I'd include Stevenage in that too. The common theme is that in all of these games we let a number of soft goals in when we were in a position where we could have won (the City one is less of a clear cut example but we could still potentially have gotten a result from that imo).

I'm concerned about it becoming a theme. If we don't pick up a couple of wins soon I worry that we might find it difficult to get back out of that "collapse" mindset and find ourselves drifting down the table.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

I'm very down about it, I need some time out from this team for a day or two.

Lol, where were you when we were lumping it forward to Ian Ormondroyd?

Things have been a lot lot worse, I wasn't expecting us to be so competitive, or be so close to getting three points, or play so well. So many positives it's daft and so so much to be grateful for even looking at our recent history, let alone any further back...

4 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I'm concerned about it becoming a theme

I don't think you should be necessarily thought, I mean there have been a succession of horrendous clangers that have cost goals, games and points. That much is true, but looking at the whole time under Emery you would have to say we look infinitely better organised off the ball, and defend infinitely better than we were before he arrived. I think that's the theme really, it's undermined by these mistakes but I'd be more concerned if it was the system or lack of causing the defeats than brain farts. 

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

I don't think you should be necessarily thought, I mean there have been a succession of horrendous clangers that have cost goals, games and points. That much is true, but looking at the whole time under Emery you would have to say we look infinitely better organised off the ball, and defend infinitely better than we were before he arrived. I think that's the theme really, it's undermined by these mistakes but I'd be more concerned if it was the system or lack of causing the defeats than brain farts. 

Yeah, fingers crossed! The next four games will tell us a lot I think.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I'd include Stevenage in that too. The common theme is that in all of these games we let a number of soft goals in when we were in a position where we could have won (the City one is less of a clear cut example but we could still potentially have gotten a result from that imo).

I'm concerned about it becoming a theme. If we don't pick up a couple of wins soon I worry that we might find it difficult to get back out of that "collapse" mindset and find ourselves drifting down the table.

Yep, everton game is crucial. Lose that and its going to be bad.