Relegation Battle - 22/23

Tayls

On 18/02/2023 at 17:55, bobzy said:

Dreamland? We’re 3 points off t10 and our next fixtures are Everton (A), Palace (H), West Ham (A), Bournemouth (H), Chelsea (A), Forest (H). Obviously “all games are hard games”, but we could very feasibly get 12 points from those and be in the top half.

On 18/02/2023 at 19:00, Delphinho123 said:

And we could feasibly get 3. How did we get on against Bournemouth, Leeds, Leicester and West Ham this season? 

We’re a below average PL team and a bad run of luck/form could see us in a bit of trouble. 

13 points from the first 5, with Forest at home to come.

Better than I expected!

• Haha 2

As long as we don't get a points deduction should be okay, last time a team managed to get relegated on forty plus points was West Ham in 2002/03 when they finished eighteenth with forty-two points, strange season they won three and drew one of their last five games, or going further back lost just one of their last eleven games and finished twenty-three points ahead of bottom placed Sunderland but still relegated. That one game that they did lose in the run-in was to prove costly as it was Bolton the team who finished just two points and once place above them.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, useless said:

As long as we don't get a points deduction should be okay, last time a team managed to get relegated on forty plus points was West Ham in 2002/03 when they finished eighteenth with forty-two points, strange season they won three and drew one of their last five games, or going further back lost just one of their last eleven games and finished twenty-three points ahead of bottom placed Sunderland but still relegated. That one game that they did lose in the run-in was to prove costly as it was Bolton the team who finished just two points and once place above them.

I remember that, 42 points relegation is crazy 

Mid table there’s nothing much on my fork
It’s alright though ‘cos I can go for my walk
Around Cartmel, mathematically safe
Ain’t no alarm bell, we’re mathematically safe
On a lilo, in a sea of alright
I’m a mongrel and I just won a dog fight

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, blandy said:

Mid table there’s nothing much on my fork
It’s alright though ‘cos I can go for my walk
Around Cartmel, mathematically safe