Relegation Battle - 22/23

Tayls

It’s tight at the bottom, hope we don’t get dragged into a relegation battle.

They could have clipped the image and shown from Palace down. Like the time they showed the ‘top 11’ earlier in the season just to have Liverpool in it.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, duke313 said:

They could have clipped the image and shown from Palace down. Like the time they showed the ‘top 11’ earlier in the season just to have Liverpool in it.

I don’t mind a table showing us 14 points clear of the drop zone, in fact it makes me very happy, so good old MOTD for posting this.🙂

26 minutes ago, duke313 said:

this is seriously insane tho isnt it, literally any of those could go down if they go on a bad run, 12 to 20th all genuinely capable of the drop, not sure i have ever seen such a run in.

image.png.fb7f35aac454f44290f7d64c99e5ec46.png

Goal difference will be a huge factor in this year's relegation battle.

Leeds, Leicester and West Ham could really benefit from it.

Southampton may be able to gets theirs closer to Wolves, Everton and Palace but Forest and Bournemouth are in the mire! 

10 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

gonna be a mad final day. I doubt that any team will be mathematically relegated before final fixtures kick off

6 of the bottom 9 play each other on the last day

Be interesting to watch yet Sky will show Liverpools battle for 7th instead😜

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, imavillan said:

Other football thread....

thankfully

No it's still us versus relegation so if it stops being relevant it'll fall down the thread list and into obscurity.

On 20/03/2023 at 05:16, duke313 said:

Maybe left us on as a comparison for how big that gap is vs the gaps below it.

3 hours ago, BOF said:

No it's still us versus relegation so if it stops being relevant it'll fall down the thread list and into obscurity.

It's strange that there is also the same thread already in existence in other football.

We have zero chance of being relegated

I’m fairly confident that it won’t be anywhere near that tight towards the end of the season. Unless Bournemouth and Southampton can go on some sort of run, I think they’ll both drop and be cut adrift by the time the last day of the season comes around.

It will be super interesting if Saints and Bournemouth win a couple, but I just can’t see it. 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

I’m fairly confident that it won’t be anywhere near that tight towards the end of the season. Unless Bournemouth and Southampton can go on some sort of run, I think they’ll both drop and be cut adrift by the time the last day of the season comes around.

It will be super interesting if Saints and Bournemouth win a couple, but I just can’t see it. 

I don’t think you’re wrong but at this point if Bournemouth won their game in hand they’d be level on points with Palace in 12th - insane.

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I don’t think you’re wrong but at this point if Bournemouth won their game in hand they’d be level on points with Palace in 12th - insane.

36 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Yeh, it’s mad. I actually want both Bournemouth and Saints to stay up because if they do, it’ll mean one/two of the big boys dropping. 

• Like 1

On 20/03/2023 at 10:16, duke313 said:

What makes it even more ridiculous is that you can't see 20th place on the tweet preview purely because they've left us in there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...