Villa Podcasts & The Athletic Coverage

HalfTimePost

On 26/07/2023 at 10:40, Chindie said:

Not quite on topic, but close enough. Nothing earth shattering for us that know all this but nice to get some coverage.

switched off when they said hawkeye kept us in the PL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dale said:

Gregg in last 1874 giving a lot of credit to Gerrard still (probably overweighting his influence in signings). Baffling. 

Its like Gregg is parodying himself these days

Gregg should just leave the Villa stuff to the new lad now. I can’t see the point of him joining Bardell on 1874, he’s got very limited info about Villa and is focusing all his attention on Liverpool and golf now. 

How long before he’s banging on about how much more amazing Liverpool are, on a Villa pod. We don’t want it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

switched off when they said hawkeye kept us in the PL

I did exactly the same! I was actually enjoying listening to it and that disappeared with one sentence.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

I did exactly the same! I was actually enjoying listening to it and that disappeared with one sentence.

Why are you and @tomav84 so bothered by that? 

It happened, Hawkeye not working was very fortunate for us. And a highly notable moment for us staying up that season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

It happened, Hawkeye not working was very fortunate for us. And a highly notable moment for us staying up that season. 

because it's an incorrect statement. it just cancelled out the disallowed goal vs palace.

5 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Because thats how the media incorrectly spun it. Worse things went against us like the Bruno assault on Konsa, Mee assault on Wesley, Lansbury vs Palace and Aubameyang pulling a Villa player for Arsenal winner or equaliser

They wouldn't have been used if we went down

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

because it's an incorrect statement. it just cancelled out the disallowed goal vs palace.

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7mel2he9eigi6edta9i

So a major incident like goal line technology failing shouldn’t be a factor in that seasons story, because of “justice”?

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Because thats how the media incorrectly spun it. Worse things went against us like the Bruno assault on Konsa, Mee assault on Wesley, Lansbury vs Palace and Aubameyang pulling a Villa player for Arsenal winner or equaliser

They wouldn't have been used if we went down

Because it they wasn’t a major incident. 

goalline technology failing was a big deal for the league, especially when a team benefited from it. 
all the others you mention were poor refereeing and var decisions.. what’s a common occurrence. 

our survival was in part (not in entirety) due to that major incident. It should be mentioned.  it is fact, it did help us stay up. 

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Because it they wasn’t a major incident. 

goalline technology failing was a big deal for the league, especially when a team benefited from it. 
all the others you mention were poor refereeing and var decisions.. what’s a common occurrence. 

our survival was in part (not in entirety) due to that major incident. It should be mentioned.  it is fact, it did help us stay up. 

we need to agree to disagree. lansbury's last min equaliser was much more of a major incident than the goal line technology

the former was the last kick of the game and literally the reason we lost rather than drew. the latter occurred in the first half.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I am bothered that a moment in a game with over an hour left to play is being made out as the only reason we stayed up. We were fortunate with Covid, and how Project Restart played out.

Long story short, I’m not debating that it was a fortunate incident, but no more so than any other refereeing mistake that happen in games every day, all over the world. To say it was the ONLY reason we stayed up damages their journalistic integrity imo.

Just now, tomav84 said:

we need to agree to disagree. lansbury's last min equaliser was much more of a major incident than the goal line technology

the former was the last kick of the game and literally the reason we lost rather than drew. the latter occurred in the first half.

A major incident to villa fans only. 
Hawkeye failing was a big deal for the entire league. 

1 minute ago, Woody1000 said:

I am bothered that a moment in a game with over an hour left to play is being made out as the only reason we stayed up. We were fortunate with Covid, and how Project Restart played out.

Long story short, I’m not debating that it was a fortunate incident, but no more so than any other refereeing mistake that happen in games every day, all over the world. To say it was the ONLY reason we stayed up damages their journalistic integrity imo.

It’s not the only reason, and no one claims it was, but it’s the most notable to anyone who isn’t a Villa fan. 

that incident was big news across all football, not just for us 

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

It’s not the only reason, and no one claims it was, but it’s the most notable to anyone who isn’t a Villa fan. 

that incident was big news across all football, not just for us 

Did you listen to the pod?

Â