Next season's fixtures out

John

26 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Just noted this on the bbc site

• Big six all kept apart immediately before the World Cup as requested by Gareth Southgate.

That's a bit weird no?

I'm not sure what the rationale is. Are they expected to rest players and give their opponents on that week an easier game?

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm not sure what the rationale is. Are they expected to rest players and give their opponents on that week an easier game?

I took it as them thinking those games are more intense

As if the other 14 of us are just some shite that will roll over and have their bellies tickled as we fawn over England's superstars

Spurs are playing Leeds, I hope Phillips and Kane clatter each other 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Sounds like more corruption again to me.

19 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Sounds like more corruption again to me.

Not sounds, it is!  Doesn’t matter whether it helps the England team or not, the England team is independent of the PL never mind the fact the favouring of some teams over others is corrupt.

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah of course this fixtures are not rigged.  2nd season in a row away to a newly promoted side

Whats odds on that eh?

Obviously that's no evidence the fixtures are rigged however I am surprised they aren't. If I was in charge of the premier league I would definitely be rigging the fixtures to suit TV companies. Given the money they pay I would be doing everything to make sure they have good product. Of course there are a lot of limitations in English football regarding fixtures, policing, teams who can't both play at home at the same time etc., but where possible I would fix the hell out of the fixture lists.  

As a second point I'm always amused as to how involved fans get with the fixture list, in reality it makes no real difference. You have to play all the teams twice home and away and every team will have a run of "easy"/"hard" fixtures at some point during the season. 

2 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

That would take some doing. Are we going for the premiership *and* the championship?

That would take some doing. Are we playing in Scotland *and* in England?

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Well that's Boxing Day ruined

Speak for yourself. That might be the only game I get to go to all year, and my wife will only come because she supports Liverpool. We'll lose obviously though 😀

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah of course this fixtures are not rigged.  2nd season in a row away to a newly promoted side

Whats odds on that eh?

(3/38) * (3/38) * 100 % = 0.62%

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Whats odds on that eh?

There’s probably an element of them being rigged for tv viewing but I don’t think they’d have an agenda towards us playing a newly promoted team 2 seasons in a row.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

There’s probably an element of them being rigged for tv viewing but I don’t think they’d have an agenda towards us playing a newly promoted team 2 seasons in a row.

Nonsense, clearly rigged, but for some reason, this conspiracy only started last season.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Pretty nice start although I'm reliably informed that we play all 19 teams home and away throughout the season so it really doesnt matter the order we play them 👍

Agree and disagree

For a team like us momentum can be huge and I personally believe in the whole "on the beach" stuff, we are prone to giving up once we are marooned in midtable, at least with the world cup we should avoid our season being over in January for the 3rd year in a row

10 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Pretty nice start although I'm reliably informed that we play all 19 teams home and away throughout the season so it really doesnt matter the order we play them 👍

Except it can, and often does.

In fact I’d suggest when you play certain teams can have a major influence on the outcome of the season.

34 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Whats odds on that eh?

Pffft.  Wait until the cups are drawn.