Next season's fixtures out

John

38 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

It might have been said already but I've just looked at a side by side list of Bournemouth's starting eleven compared to ours, and arguably not one of their players would feature in our first eleven.

If our attitude and self belief are right it has to be a three point start. I expect a lot of sideways and backwards possession from them, but no real confidence or threat. 

It really is our own hands this season with more than half of the teams we play against.

there's no arguably about it. most of their first 11 would do well to make our bench. on paper we should absolutely murder them and it doesn't look like they're signing anyone anytime soon, plus they had like 6 players on loan

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I'm alluding to our record against promoted teams, not exactly great. Remember Watford last season...be wary...Villa need to be on it. Bournemouth is a terrible ground to play at for the opposition.

Perhaps our record will change against the promoted teams, I hope so!

We've only had 1 decent prem season in God knows how many years. So I think singling out newly promoted teams looks to be a pattern - when really we haven't won many games at all !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villabromsgrove said:

It might have been said already but I've just looked at a side by side list of Bournemouth's starting eleven compared to ours, and arguably not one of their players would feature in our first eleven.

If our attitude and self belief are right it has to be a three point start. I expect a lot of sideways and backwards possession from them, but no real confidence or threat. 

It really is our own hands this season with more than half of the teams we play against.

Yep on the whole we are stocked with borderline international players. There's really no comparison with the tail end of the Lerner era. 

We now have decent players throughout - most likely with a couple more hefty incomings - no guarantee of course - be we shouldn't be rolling over at Bournemouth.

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

there's no arguably about it. most of their first 11 would do well to make our bench. on paper we should absolutely murder them and it doesn't look like they're signing anyone anytime soon, plus they had like 6 players on loan

Add to that, after they play us they have Man City (A), Arsenal (H) and Liverpool (A) is it too early to think/say that they will view ours as a must win! Of course not - But they could quite conceivably be - P4 W0 D0 L4 PTS 0 - by the end of August! 

31 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The funny thing being veretout, Gueye and amavi, the Frenchmen that were blamed by the media for us being shite could all probably play some of role for us now

Really - I wouldn't swap anyone from our starting 11 for any of those players.

51 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The funny thing being veretout, Gueye and amavi, the Frenchmen that were blamed by the media for us being shite could all probably play some of role for us now

Veretout would be a huge upgrade on McGinn in midfield

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, hippo said:

Didn't say starting 11 I said play a role... 

Amavi easily good enough for back up LB, Gueye is that DMC we've lacked for years and veretout is an upgrade on sanson 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, hippo said:

Was just about to post this. Cripes what an appalling team.

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

At Bournemouth 😆 

The script writes itself.

Hat-tricks all-round then ice creams on the beach and a trip to Durdle door before home to bed? :P

• Haha 1