Next season's fixtures out

John

Just now, MrBlack said:

Could have been to do with rearranged covid fixtures, but the generator will never allow a team to have both home or both away fixtures first and last game of the season.

It also won't allow consecutive away games at the start of the season. 

Didn’t know, thanks!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Why Percy saying different? Do you have inside info?

He isn't saying different,. people have just misread it :D 

8 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Yeah the last thing this site wants is irrefutable facts. 

They might have eased up on it, but a few years ago you definitely couldn't get away with posting complete fixture lists, the PL licensed the rights to distribute it and sent takedown requests and legal threats to people who reproduced them. I'd share your view that a set of dates and opponents is a matter of fact rather than intellectual property, I'm not sure they'd win that fight in court, but I don't know if anyone has taken them on. I'm fairly sure Limpid probably doesn't want the hassle. My info might be out of date, it used to be a big deal at the start of each season though

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

people have just misread it :D 

I’ve gone back to it and I did misread it, what is wrong with me…this week, I’m misreading things, I wrote an Americanism yesterday about ‘gas’…I’m ready for semi retirement like Jack at Man City I think.

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’ve gone back to it and I did misread it, what is wrong with me…this week, I’m misreading things, I wrote an Americanism yesterday about ‘gas’…I’m ready for semi retirement like Jack at Man City I think.

Think I may have misread on the fixture algorithm too.  It says :

A club will never start or finish the season with two home or two away matches 

So I assumed that meant across the start and finish fixtures. It's a bit ambiguous but seems it's meant to mean that you won't have consecutive home or away fixtures either at the start or at the end. 

So potentially we could be away both first and last game. 

You were right...Rigged 

Edited by MrBlack

Those first 3 games are critical, because West Ham > Arsenal > Man City> Leicester could be a horrible run, need some early points on the board. 7 from the first 3 please