Next season's fixtures out

John

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t agree. He looked so out of his depth last time he played in this league.

I reckon if McGinn played in Serie A he’d rip it up and look much better than Veretout. 

No chance, people said same about Ramsey and is one of the biggest flops in Juventus history

McGinn wouldn't get off the bench in Italy his style of play would make him a laughing stock

Veretout joined a joke Villa setup and had personal issues. Since then he won French caps when they were world champions

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

No chance, people said same about Ramsey and is one of the biggest flops in Juventus history

McGinn wouldn't get off the bench in Italy his style of play would make him a laughing stock

Veretout joined a joke Villa setup and had personal issues. Since then he won French caps when they were world champions

Ramsey seemed to have all the technical ability necessary to be a success in Italy, Juve is a hard place to go but he's been poor. Platt had a decent career in Italy and was well liked for wearing his heart on his sleeve and working hard every single time he ran out on the pitch. McGinn might be ok but I can't see the Veretout comparison, really different players. Veretout has been for the most part very good indeed for Roma. Mourinho is looking to upgrade the midfield and Veretout might find he's playing less next season but any idea that Veretout is a poor player is a joke.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Thats relegation form. 

I count 25. But I’m quite optimistic about next season. 

I have 

August 5 points 

September 3 points 

October 8 points 

November 1 point

Obviously its all guessing at this stage. Anything can happen until then

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I have 

August 5 points 

September 3 points 

October 8 points 

November 1 point

Ever the optimist mate ! 🤣 

I got 

August - 8

Sep - 4

Oct - 12

Nov - 1

Actuals probably something in between. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

I have 

August 5 points 

September 3 points 

October 8 points 

November 1 point

Would be disappointed with less than 7 points from August games. Hopefully we're actually professional approaching first game away to promoted team this time. Bournemouth is very winnable as is Everton at home who we always seem to beat these days (get the feeling they'll have a poor start and then spend stupid amounts of August 31st). West Ham is nightmare match up these days but we're playing them at home three days after they play europa play off so good time to play them and that would be statement win.

Not expecting much from Newcastle away as our record is abysmal at SJP and think they'll have a good start to the season to continue the momentum from how they finished last season.

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

I have 

August 5 points 

September 3 points 

October 8 points 

November 1 point

Don't think those points would be remotely acceptable, to Purslow and the owners tbh, and I think we'll do much better than that

5 points from Bournemouth, Everton and Palace, plus West Ham and Arsenal? I think we need to be looking for 9-10 there if we have our sights on pushing for europe.

8 points from Leeds, Forest, Fulham, Brentford, Newcastle and Chelsea? There's 5 very winnable games there and I'd call anything less than 10 points from those 6 games a complete failure.

To be perfectly honest, if (and it's a big if) we had such few points by November, I think there'd be serious discussions about who might be able to  salvage the second half of our season, but I don't see  us doing anywhere near as poorly as you've predicted.

The Athletic have us down as having the 12th hardest start (first 5 games) to the new season. We should be 8th place then after the first 5 games I guess😄

Wtf are all these predictions of how many points we will get in August, September etc. No one has any idea about how other teams will perform next season we don’t even know how our own team will perform . It’s all bollox,. Why not just wait and be surprised/ disappointed when the season starts? 

;

19 minutes ago, smg said:

Wtf are all these predictions of how many points we will get in August, September etc. No one has any idea about how other teams will perform next season we don’t even know how our own team will perform . It’s all bollox,. Why not just wait and be surprised/ disappointed when the season starts? 

Otherwise we wont have nothing to talk about

Aug- 0 points
Sept- 0 points
Oct- 0 points
Nov- Gerrard out Big Sam In

• Haha 2