Neil Critchley

Villaphan04

Just now, Made In Aston said:

Because once your become a manager its difficult to be an assistant too long before getting the desire to get back to being a manager. 

The idea of an assistant is a bit old hat in the modern era - he’s joining as part of a management team so the role will come with a lot of opportunities and responsibilities that go beyond the traditional role. I think it shows the vision of the board and Gerrard to get him to leave a job where he succeeded and was beloved by the fans. 

Just now, sne said:

So this is an upgrade right. Good stuff.

Would appear so. Took one day to get the replacement in, id imagine its been lined up for a while, but still impressive. That Gerrard has a greater pull than a Ukrainian tractor.

Sorry Blackpool, its not that bad; you still have a great pier

Suspire appointment as he is a did great job manager at Blackpool FC, then move demote job roles Manager to assistant manager (But biggest club) when he is did well as manager, why want go become Assistant manager? it is a great recruit job.

I think, he is did smart move business for himself as he would wait game to Gerrard left 2-4 years ish if he did well with us and he will take over club afterward, will good cartwheel at our club health setting down. smart move for him. or move with him to biggest club?

Edited by Danny_Villaman84
  • Like 4

Outstanding appointment. Brilliant coach. Villa must of sold it to him. You rarely see championship managers forging out a good reputation ( and he was to be fair at Blackpool ) leave to go to be an assistant albeit at a bigger club, rarely happens. I’m very happen with this. 

• Like 2

“My missus hammers me for it but I don’t do much else other than watch football. If there’s a game on the TV I’m watching it, so I’d seen a fair bit of football at this level. My formative years at Crewe were in League Two and League One and then they had a good stint in the Championship. So I knew what I was walking into. That was something I stressed to the players when I first walked through the door.”

Nice read from last year on him

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

Suspire appointment as he is a did great job manager at Blackpool FC, then move demote job roles Manager to assistant manager (But biggest club) when he is did well as manager at Blackpool. it is a great recruit job.

I think, he is did smart move business for himself as he would wait game to Gerrard left 2 years ish if he did well with us and he will take over club afterward, will good cartwheel at our club health setting down. smart move for him.

Yes I was thinking this.

Maybe he was also sold the possibility of promotion within the ranks.

Also, operating at the highest level, even as an assistant, will give him even more exposure to potentially be a candidate for a higher higher level Managers job in future.

Â