Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

Most of the fault is on Carlos there. 

Olsen takes his share of the blame, but it’s Carlos who’s decided to try that pass rather than just booting it away.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Most of the fault is on Carlos there. 

Olsen takes his share of the blame, but it’s Carlos who’s decided to try that pass rather than just booting it away.

Just hoof it into the stands if he doesn't want to head it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

For me, Diego tells Robin to stop but is not even looking at what's behind him or where Pau is. It was easier to head it back - but he stopped himself and positioned himself to make a very poor clearance. At that level, you cannot ignore what's behind you.

ezgif-3-d89ed03981.gif

I was at the game, and I'm pretty sure Carlos wasn't wearing ice skates... His movement looks really weird on this clip.

I think Carlos would want to nod it back to the keeper but recognises Olsen is coming out so doesn't want to put it over him as he runs out of the box. 

• Like 2

I meant to take back what I'd said about him before the Arsenal game but didn't get round to it. Cost us in numerous games this season probably outweighs the stand out performances

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I was at the game, and I'm pretty sure Carlos wasn't wearing ice skates... His movement looks really weird on this clip.

Olsen is at fault here but the clearance should’ve been better but looks like he sliced it while slipping so can’t be to hard on Carlos. 

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Can't believe anyone would think the simple header back isn't on, olsen has to back peddle before he can pick it uo but it's still easy enough to manage 

Piece of piss cushion header kills the play 

We're talking about Olsen here. I wouldn't trust him to kick a bouncing ball or walk backwards.

7 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

That was him realising he couldn't head it back because his keeper was coming towards him and slipping as he engaged the breaks. 

Losing Emi at half time cost us the win. 

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Can't believe anyone would think the simple header back isn't on, olsen has to back peddle before he can pick it uo but it's still easy enough to manage 

Piece of piss cushion header kills the play 

Disagree. If Olsen had held his ground, I think Carlos could've done that...But Olsen is outside of the box and running forwards when Diego has to make the decision. 

I mean, it an absolutely awful clearance that can't be excused, but he doesn't do that if Olsen is just waiting on his penalty spot.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AV82 said:

What the f*** was Carlos thinking with that clearance. I genuinely cannot wrap my head around that. 

Olsen put doubt in his mind but that doesnt excuse what he did. It was a ridiculous decision by Carlos; completely compounded by his attempt to stop Palmer when he ran through. Really poor and it nearly cost us a point, credit to Olsen for making a big save there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Villarocker said:

That was him realising he couldn't head it back because his keeper was coming towards him and slipping as he engaged the breaks. 

Losing Emi at half time cost us the win. 

He really slipped that much? I assumed it was a glitch in the video, it looks like an 80s computer game almost.

13 hours ago, Villa Gaffa said:

He could have cleared the ball towards the sideline instead of poking it back into the middle.

Yeah agree. Put it out of touch, whack it up the field but to put it where he did was really poor and almost cost us a point.

• Like 1

Personally I'd have headed it back as the keeper could have retreated back into the box and dived on the ball.  Chelsea players probably would have stop chasing after the header.

Â