Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

16 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In fairness to Diego, he's had a couple of exceptional performances as well as some mares.

Players who aren't getting consistent football will blow hot and cold.

Hot and cold yeah I agree, but that attempted clearance was bizarre.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, randy_69 said:

They should all have goofy teeth and curly hair too 😂

We don't care. 

16 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Our squad has saved us this year, people shouldn't try and dismantle it. 

Carlos cost us 30m and big wages, you are taking a loss if you sell him and likely paying wages. 

Prefer he stays and we strengthen. 

He's being linked with a move to Milan whose wage bill is as high as ours, why would we pay his wages if he moves there?

Posted (edited)

He’s 31 now with two years left on his contract earning circa 100k a week. His book value will be 15/16 million euros in the summer.

Milan don’t seem to have an issue paying circa 20m euros for a player and paying circa 80/90k a week for first teamers. 

If the opportunity comes to shift him on for circa 20m and replace with a younger better suited aerially dominant option we’d be fools not to. 

Edited by DakotaVilla
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

He’s 31 now with two years left on his contract earning circa 100k a week. His book value will be 15/16 million euros in the summer.

Milan don’t seem to have an issue paying circa 20m euros for a player and paying circa 80/90k a week for first teamers. 

If the opportunity comes to shift him on for circa 20m and replace with a younger better suited aerially dominant option we’d be fools not to. 

If we're even considering selling him, this is exactly what Emery and Monchi will be looking to do.

6 hours ago, duke313 said:

He's being linked with a move to Milan whose wage bill is as high as ours, why would we pay his wages if he moves there?

I dont understand how people think this makes sense financially. 

We spent 30m on him, we pay him c120k per week. I'm not sure who is covering that but I doubt Milan will tbh. 

A replacement costs money and will also earn wages as well. 

1 hour ago, cheltenham_villa said:

We spent 30m on him, we pay him c120k per week. I'm not sure who is covering that but I doubt Milan will tbh. 

So, don’t sell anybody, ever? 😂

14 hours ago, duke313 said:

So, don’t sell anybody, ever? 😂

No, sell when it makes financial sense.

Unfortunately some times youve made a bad deal in the past and you have to own it. I dont think we will find a better player than Carlos when you consider how much it will cost us to lose him and how much it will cost for a replacement. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

No, sell when it makes financial sense.

Unfortunately some times youve made a bad deal in the past and you have to own it. I dont think we will find a better player than Carlos when you consider how much it will cost us to lose him and how much it will cost for a replacement. 

That's where I'm at too

We're potentially selling a perfectly servicable 4th choice CB to bring in another 4th choice CB 

If it was to buy Kounde who can provide 2 roles and would push to start then fair enough, if it was a youngster who will develop and then push to start then fair enough but if it was say sell Carlos to buy Lenglet then I'd be asking why bother 

16 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Well it depends.  IF Milan would pay us £15m transfer fee, then we'd take that as that's the value left on him. 

We save £120k a week wages, buy a younger kid for around £15m (yes there are deals out there to be had for that price range  - see Rogers, Moreno).  We might only need to pay the younger player £60k a week and then we develop him over the next 12 months. 

From Carlos' viewpoint, he moves to Milan where he might not be 4/5th choice. He might accept a lower salary but for a longer contract. When his current contract with Villa finishes at age 33 he might struggle to get another decent contract.  So it could make sense for him as well. 

For Milan, they get a good ready-made player for £15m and say 60k a week wages for the next 4 years.

I’d be keen to keep Carlos unless we need to sell for FFP reasons. When you consider he missed most of his first season, this is pretty much his first full season at Villa. He’s had some dodgy moments for sure but he’s also been excellent on many occasions. We need quality in depth and he provides that, along with European experience. 

• Like 1

I'm no expert on FFP, but if he has £15m of amortized value left, and we sell him for say £20m that would mean an FFP profit of £5m?  Doesn't that give us £25m to work with under FFP?  We can easily sign a younger 4th choice CB on much less wages for that, it makes perfect financial sense.

14 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Why is he not playing? I don't get it. Konsa RB, Carlos CB has looked much more solid than anything else all season. 

That's how we'll line up v Brighton IMO

5 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

Puzzling Lenget started ahead of him.

Simple .Emery likes a Right footed cb / left footed cb combo.Lenglet is cover for Pau so Pau rested means Lenglet comes In.

If he rested Konsa or moved Konsa RB then Carlos would come in.

This guy can’t be tired and he was utterly useless today. If we can get rid at the end of the season and get a young replacement then we absolutely should. He’s been a real disappointment. I suspect that he will only get worse as age is against him.

Â