Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

14 minutes ago, DeepDish said:

He was a lot better than Pau and Konsa today. Think those two had one of their worst matches in a Villa shirt.

That's where my head was at with it. I thought it was the worst game I've seen from Pau since his first 3 or 4.

• Like 3

Konsa was the weak link defensively today. Carlos had a couple of sloppy moments, but Pau had more.

It feels like Carlos is the scapegoat when Cash isn’t there. If Cash had defended like Konsa today, the focus would have very much been on the right back position and not the centre back.

• Like 2

Straight up: I'm not a huge fan of Carlos.

However, he was the best of our defenders today against Brentford. Should have had a penalty and a lovely read to stop one of their only attacks on the break in the first half. I thought he was solid throughout.

Let down badly by both Pau and Ezri, however.

1 hour ago, ozvillafan said:

Straight up: I'm not a huge fan of Carlos.

However, he was the best of our defenders today against Brentford. Should have had a penalty and a lovely read to stop one of their only attacks on the break in the first half. I thought he was solid throughout.

Let down badly by both Pau and Ezri, however.

Did you not see him for the first and third goal? He's literally marking nobody as crosses come into the box and he does it all the time. Man Utd away for one. He's consistently out of position, he's a nightmare.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, weedman said:

Can someone please explain how he not only didn't get a penalty first half, but also somehow got a fk given against him for being clearly dragged to the ground? Then his yellow card for basically running around the player to the ball? Is he sleeping with the refs wife or something?

Yeah that wasn't even a foul and then he somehow got a yellow as well. Ref was horrendous but seems like the standard prem league ref performance these days. 

Like a few others, I think Carlos did alright yesterday. 

He made a couple of great tackles first half and then was getting shafted by Konsa all 2nd half. 

He was basically having to try and come out of his position to do something because Konsa was letting Reguilon do what he wants down the right side. 

It's easy to jump on players after that shit show 10mins we had but our back-line has been chopped and changed all season. There has hardly been a run of 5 games or more where it's been the same, settled 4. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, weedman said:

Can someone please explain how he not only didn't get a penalty first half, but also somehow got a fk given against him for being clearly dragged to the ground? Then his yellow card for basically running around the player to the ball? Is he sleeping with the refs wife or something?

Because the ref had seen him (before calling him out) that he had his hands all over the defender, and decided in advance that whatever would happen, Carlos would be to blame.

Let's be as charitable as we can possibly be and assume it's human psyche, in the heat of the moment, and he saw what he expected to see. WHAT THE HELL IS VAR FOR, then?

The yellow card is even more baffling because there is no context to it whatsoever.

I'm not convinced that he is good enough, one of the most important things in a CB is reliability imo. He has some standout qualities and at times pings some great passes and makes some great challenges/blocks. But at the same time his passing is also quite often risky, especially the ones straight in the middle where we often lose the ball and get a counter against us, he also misplaces passes frequently and thus gives the ball away. Defensively he is sometimes all over the place, the reliable positioning is not there. I think that with a proper reliable CB with his head switched on all game we wouldn't have let in one or two of the goals against Brentford.

Didn't appreciate the constant ruffing with Sanka at the set pieces either, made both of them look silly.

35 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I'm not convinced that he is good enough, one of the most important things in a CB is reliability imo. He has some standout qualities and at times pings some great passes and makes some great challenges/blocks. But at the same time his passing is also quite often risky, especially the ones straight in the middle where we often lose the ball and get a counter against us, he also misplaces passes frequently and thus gives the ball away. Defensively he is sometimes all over the place, the reliable positioning is not there. I think that with a proper reliable CB with his head switched on all game we wouldn't have let in one or two of the goals against Brentford.

Didn't appreciate the constant ruffing with Sanka at the set pieces either, made both of them look silly.

Pretty sure Sanka made himself look silly - should have been a penalty.

He went on a walk about for their first goal, God knows what he was thinking. Torres looked bewildered by it. Great in the tackle though and loves wrestling. 

He was poor, so poor that I'm watching emi moaning that he was passing to him rather than the obviously better passer pau

Think he's going to get scape goated for the goal though, that's on Luiz for me 

9 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

Never seen a positive why he cost 30 mill , lacks awareness and switches off his always got a mistake in him.

Also not strong, not good in the air, not defensively sound, not good on the ball 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Also not strong, not good in the air, not defensively sound, not good on the ball 

Above all that he's just a dummy. So little thought in everything he does.

You can see when he's going to **** up, like that crap pass right at the start. He's not even balanced and just throws a foot at it.

More Stevie waste.

• Like 1

Â