Luis Suarez

maqroll

I've only just read the Telegraph article but given how a lot of the reaction is almost as if it's a done deal, I was surprised to see that it says we're unsure about his wages and whether at his age he can cope with the Premier League, and his preference is to stay in Spain. If anything the story makes it seem less likely to happen than happen.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dillon66 said:

I never thought I'd be in a parallel universe where the prospect of playing Keinan Davis over Luis Suarez could actually be possible ? God help us......

For me, it's more about us having more pressing issues around the pitch vs. forwards vs. thinking Ings/Watkins will be better with other areas strengthened vs. money. lol

I think the past season was sort of a " false " representation of what Ings is capable of, and we already own him.

I'm not for a second insinuating that they are better than Suarez, however I also haven't seen Suarez play for ages and he's 35.

I leave it up to the board and Management judgement though obviously.

I'll be happy with whatever decision they make on this.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, useless said:

I've only just read the Telegraph article but given how a lot of the reaction is almost as if it's a done deal, I was surprised to see that it says we're unsure about his wages and whether at his age he can cope with the Premier League, and his preference is to stay in Spain. If anything the story makes it seem less likely to happen than happen.

Yeah, i'm not convinced it's as done of a deal as some are saying on here. Don't really know why people are acting as if it's done considering there's zero evidence of it. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, messi11 said:

I'm surprised Villa fans are turning their up noses over signing Suarez
Man United are allowed Cavani and Ronaldo. AC Milan are allowed 40 year old Zlatan Ibrahimovic to fire them to their first league title for decades. Yet Villa fans don't want Luis Suarez one of the great strikers of our generation who still Uruguay star man. 

I'm surprised the first sincere post you've written on this site is in support of Luis Suarez.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, useless said:

My gut feeling this morning is that given how quickly they've moved so far, if this was gonna get done, it'd have already been announced. 

My opinion is Suarez will not sign for Villa.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I'm surprised the first sincere post you've written on this site is in support of Luis Suarez.

Looks like his spinning wheel landing on support today.

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

We all go to football games where thousands of the people there are disgusting racist violent coked up thugs. Yet we focus on stupid antics Suarez did a decade ago when he was a stupid kid. 

What a bizarre and quite frankly a ridiculous post

20 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

People keep telling me one of Suarez positive character references is Messi 

• Haha 3

I think folk are getting too hung up on just lumping players together based on age and removing all other context. Just because Cavani or whoever made the move and was alright doesn't mean it'll work in other cases and vice versa. 

Suarez was a phenomenal player and no doubt still has heaps of quality in terms of his finishing and so forth, but I'd more than have reservations about a guy who by all accounts has largely lost his legs at La Liga level, never mind a completely more physically rigorous league such as the Premier League.

Carlos and Kamara are signings that level us up in their respective areas of the pitch, I'm not sure Suarez is capable of doing so over the course of a season at this stage in his career as much as at one point he was comfortably better than Watkins and Ings combined.

Edited by Indigo

32 minutes ago, maqroll said:

My gut feeling this morning is that given how quickly they've moved so far, if this was gonna get done, it'd have already been announced. 

My opinion is Suarez will not sign for Villa.

I'm kind of with you here.

I reckon we might actually be exploring other opportunities, and he might be a backup option lower down the pecking order if we can't get a couple of targets for whatever reason.

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm not leaning one way or the other on Suarez to be honest mate.

I'm cautious, nout to do with attitude, but money vs. if he is still up to it.

I'd actually rather us either bring back one of our own ( Keinan / Archer ) or get a younger striker in.

Keinan has scored one goal in the PL and Archer is still very young, I don’t think either can be compared with Suarez even at 34. I believe if he did come in and we sold Ings, then Archer would get plenty of opportunities and a hell of a striker to learn from. 

• Like 1

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

Keinan has scored one goal in the PL and Archer is still very young, I don’t think either can be compared with Suarez even at 34. I believe if he did come in and we sold Ings, then Archer would get plenty of opportunities and a hell of a striker to learn from. 

P.S. we’ve been linked to other strikers such as Johnathan David, who I know nothing about other than some quick Google reading. On that basis he’s brilliant and we should immediately sign him!

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

We all go to football games where thousands of the people there are disgusting racist violent coked up thugs. Yet we focus on stupid antics Suarez did a decade ago when he was a stupid kid. 

I prefer Pepsi myself. 

Â