Nottingham Forest

Demitri_C

On 02/10/2023 at 13:29, bobzy said:

It's the ridiculousness of the Premier League (or football, really) - what are Forest (and most clubs) really in it for?  Survival to whatever extent and a decent cup run?

I would have said Forest are probably the best counter-example to @villa4europe's ideas about the "happy to be here brigade"; I mean what more can they possibly do to try and improve their station than sign about a billion players?

• 1 month later...

People massively underestimated this lot in the pre match forum.

There's a reason they've only lost two home prem games in 14 months yet all sorts of reasons were being invented for why it was a fluke.😂

Got some decent forwards and midfielders so will be comfortable mid table. Hopefully they take points off Spurs and Man. United at home in next six weeks.

I dont know how anyone can say they were crap. They showed us how to defend today. Won near enough everything today.

Ok as a attacking force you can argue they got lucky as 2 shots on target and 2 goals but they were resolute today. 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Talk Cooper is going to get sacked and replaced with Lopetegui. Seemed to me like he was doing a good job there but maybe he's run his course and they need something fresh especially when it looks like they'll not have too much trouble staying up. 

46 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Talk Cooper is going to get sacked and replaced with Lopetegui. Seemed to me like he was doing a good job there but maybe he's run his course and they need something fresh especially when it looks like they'll not have too much trouble staying up. 

Thats abit crazy tbh. Cooper keeping them up 2nd season with ease. The 2nd season is just as hard as 1st to stay up.

Lopetegui though would be a brilliant appointment for them

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

Crazy. What are the owners expecting in their second season?

Every so often it seems there's talk of Cooper getting sacked, and then nothing happens, usually after the rumours they have an upturn in results as well, he's pretty much hero worshipped by most of their fans, so sacking him would be an unpopular move.

This time last season they were bottom of the league with ten points, so they've improved, and that's with their best player from last season Brennan Johnson having been sold, and their main source of goals Awoniyi injured.

14 hours ago, ender4 said:

Crazy. What are the owners expecting in their second season?

They've spent a lot (over - £200m net spend so far) and the owner is generally pretty ruthless. I do have some sympathy for Cooper - losing Johnson in the summer and Awoniyi injured much of the time has killed their attacking ability - but they looked totally out of ideas against Everton and so maybe the manager's time is up and the players know it. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

not sure what to think tbh.

tbf, he kept them up in that first season, and will keep them up again this season, which is a huge success in of itself.

on the other side, they have spent 320m in the last 2 seasons, should they be expecting at least a mid table finish with that kind of money spent?

Forest are the 7th biggest net spenders in world football over the last 2 years with 250m net spend, only behind Chelsea - 745m, Manure - -370m, Al-Hilal - -352m, Arsenal  -335m, Newcastle - 280m and Spurs - -270m.

in our first 2 years back we spent something like 260m, and in that second season we finished 11th (but ofc 14th the 3rd season).

tough one.

Â