Nottingham Forest

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

not sure what to think tbh.

tbf, he kept them up in that first season, and will keep them up again this season, which is a huge success in of itself.

on the other side, they have spent 320m in the last 2 seasons, should they be expecting at least a mid table finish with that kind of money spent?

Forest are the 7th biggest net spenders in world football over the last 2 years with 250m net spend, only behind Chelsea - 745m, Manure - -370m, Al-Hilal - -352m, Arsenal  -335m, Newcastle - 280m and Spurs - -270m.

in our first 2 years back we spent something like 260m, and in that second season we finished 11th (but ofc 14th the 3rd season).

tough one.

Nuno’s CV isn’t brilliant so it’s a risky move. If there was a really good manager waiting in the wings then I’d say go for it, but I’m not convinced this will be a positive step.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Nuno’s CV isn’t brilliant so it’s a risky move. If there was a really good manager waiting in the wings then I’d say go for it, but I’m not convinced this will be a positive step.

i agree in that sense, to do it for Nuno is stupid.

If it were Lopeitegu (or however you spell it), or someone of genuine quality, might be different.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Be like that time Ranieri popped up at Fulham. Be sacked by Easter

• Like 1

I know their results have been going downhill recently but Nuno is not an upgrade on Cooper. 

He’s lasted 17 and 12 games in his last two appointments and I reckon he might make 21 games before being sacked in the summer.

Their owner is like a budget Tom Boehly… 

15 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

I think they needed to make a change, 320 mil spent on the squad and not really improved in league position in 2 seasons is a challenging situation. I think Nuno will improve them defensively and actually they will finish 11th -13th under him

They have conceded the same amount of goals as Brighton and West Ham

Defence is not the problem

• Shocked 1

40 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Cooper to Palace I reckon.

Yes they interviewed him in summer 2021 but went with Vieira. He's exactly the sort they need to bring in so I think if they lose to Brighton on Thursday they'll politely ask Roy to step down (given he was only coming in for this season) and appoint Cooper for the xmas fixtures.

Harsh sacking but would've been even harsher last season so he was never going to survive a long winless run this time. Hopefully Forest get a bounce as they have Newcastle away and Man. United at home in next three fixtures so it's very much in our interests that Nuno gets a quick response from their squad.

When one says Forest have spent £300m in isolation it's misleading when judging Cooper and how they've done in general

It wasn't as if they spent that £300m adding to an already established Premier League team, or even a very good Championship team

When promoted they did so with a squad that was barely midtable Championship quality, they had no choice but to spend big that summer

And even then was going to be an hard task to stay up, we found it hard after spending big, and we had a better base to start with

Also a lot of that money has been spread out very thinly amongst a stack load of players, wasn't like they spent it on ten or fifteen top players

A lot of it will have been on players they've brought and then sold or just don't use, I don't know who's in charge of their recruitment but I don't think it's Cooper

Upon promotion they lost three of their best players, James Garner, Djed Spence, and Brice Samba, and this summer they lost their best player Brennan Johnson.

Cooper obvously should have been doing better currently, but overall had done a brilliant job with them

And if anything the amount of players they signed could have hindered him as much as anything

I would't be surprised if Cooper gets a better job, whether Palace can be described as that I don't know

With regards to the size of their squad it will be interesting to see how Nuno deals with that, as he famously likes a very small squad

Strange how Nuno lost his reputation as a top manager, wasn't that long back he was being linked with Chelsea and Arsenal jobs

I guess Spurs spell contributed to that, but he wasn't exactly a disaster there

• Like 2

Â