Nottingham Forest

Demitri_C

They've struggled to consistently score goals, and yet they're appointing a manager who became ultra defensive at Wolves and always parked the bus at Spurs. I remember when Utd went to Spurs under him and the fans booed them off the pitch because they were so negative. They got smashed too.

I don't disagree with the sacking, just a really bad replacement.

It's a shame to see a manager do so well at a club and ultimately become a victim of their own success. Forest will be fine this year, but sacking a fan favourite manager when they're more or less par for the course can create a bit of toxicity which can see things get worse. The top end of the Championship looks to have a decent bit of quality, so the bottom end of the PL will certainly be better next season and Forest need to be careful.

2 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

It's a shame to see a manager do so well at a club and ultimately become a victim of their own success. Forest will be fine this year, but sacking a fan favourite manager when they're more or less par for the course can create a bit of toxicity which can see things get worse. The top end of the Championship looks to have a decent bit of quality, so the bottom end of the PL will certainly be better next season and Forest need to be careful.

Its not so much different to when Smith got sacked though I think Nuno is less of a toxic clearing in the woods then who we got

14 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

I think they needed to make a change, 320 mil spent on the squad and not really improved in league position in 2 seasons is a challenging situation. 

20/21 - Championship 17th

21/22 - Championship 4th

22/23 - Premier League 16th

23/24 - Premier League probably 15-16th

That's pretty decent.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I know their results have been going downhill recently but Nuno is not an upgrade on Cooper. 

He’s lasted 17 and 12 games in his last two appointments and I reckon he might make 21 games before being sacked in the summer.

Their owner is like a budget Tom Boehly… 

Who himself is like a budget Todd Boehly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

20/21 - Championship 17th

21/22 - Championship 4th

22/23 - Premier League 16th

23/24 - Premier League probably 15-16th

That's pretty decent.

Yeah I think it’s a decent effort, just from marinakis POV he would have wanted to see more progression after pumping all the cash in recently and then signing huge amounts of players. They’ve stood still which is like going backwards after a couple of seasons 

26 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Yeah I think it’s a decent effort, just from marinakis POV he would have wanted to see more progression after pumping all the cash in recently and then signing huge amounts of players. They’ve stood still which is like going backwards after a couple of seasons 

Maybe if bought 5 quality players instead of 37 random players it might be better

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Very similar ceilings. Smith would have been a crap appointment for them to be honest.

It's quite strange how it tailed off for Cooper like it did for DS after blowing a 2-0 goal lead at home. They were comfortably mid table and going into the top half when they were leading Luton 2-0 in late October. Conceded two goals in five minutes to draw (so not as bad as what we did in that game v Wolves but felt similar for them) and after that they've lost every single game apart from the win v us and draw at Wolves.

Sometimes managers just have limits and seems the feeling at Forest is last few weeks have shown them Cooper probably won't lead them to top 10.

Not really sure Nuno will either but his brief is just to get them well away from bottom three and they'll probably be exit clause in his deal for the summer.

• 2 weeks later...

as expected, nuno is making an impact there. Brentford next, can see them getting 3 points there. Some tough fixtures after that game but they will comfortably avoid relegation under his stewardship imo

Â