vs Man Utd in Perth (July 23rd)

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

But we’ve added no players yet to the front 3, why do you think it would change?

Bailey is back. Buendia can play in a front 3, he's had time to work on adapting players to the system.

Attack wise we looked awful last season when we relied on Coutinho to create chances with just Ings and Watkins up top. Adding Kamara and Carlos isn't going to change that.

1 minute ago, AndyM3000 said:

Bailey is back. Buendia can play in a front 3, he's had time to work on adapting players to the system.

Attack wise we looked awful last season when we relied on Coutinho to create chances with just Ings and Watkins up top. Adding Kamara and Carlos isn't going to change that.

Actually Carlos and Kamara are fantastic passers, much better than they are replacing, so they should help create way more chances as a team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Not if we play with two strikers he can’t, unless of course he starts instead of Coutinho. Which isn’t happening under Gerrard.

22 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Gotta be honest, we’ve added DC and Kamara and now that’s enough for us to jump up into the top 8/7 next season? 

After what I saw from Gerrard last season I think a few people are in dreamland. 

Yeah i agree. Two players although an improvement doesnt inspire me that we will do much better than last year.

All it takes is kamara to get a injury and we are back where we were.

Was hoping luiz would get a start ovee mcginn

Just now, DCJonah said:

Oh absolutely. But it also gives a lot of clues as to how we plan to start the season. 

That's worthy of a discussion

Sure but, and no hate parisvilla but  

5 minutes ago, parisvilla said:

Pretty wild we don't seem to have role for 80m worth of forward players

Any combination of our forward line means those on the bench is worth around 80m, it’s a symptom of having a squad of good players.

I love Emi and want him to get more time, it’s gonna be a long season with lots of opportunities though

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

It’s a preseason game lads, chill.

You know Buendia doesn't start the season though? Just checking that you haven't been misled about how far up Coutinho's arse Gerrard's head is.

All the way.

My worry is Gerrard doesn't know the best combo in the attacking third. I could see us having to keep switch formation and players and I'm not sure that's going to get the consistency needed for where the club keep stating they want to be. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â