vs Man Utd in Perth (July 23rd)

2 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Not sure what has happened to Gerrard's narrow 4-3-3 but if the plan is to go 4-3-1-2 with Ings and Watkins up top it won't end well.

We played 4312 as much as narrow 433 last season.

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

We played 4312 as much as narrow 433 last season.

Yeh because we didn't have the squad capable of playing a 4-3-3 and two of our best assets are the forwards, so I can understand forcing them in more last season. I was hoping this would stop once he's had the summer to work on his system, you won't get anywhere playing Ings and Watkins up front with only Coutinho in there to create chances. 

Edited by AndyM3000
  • Like 1

Gotta be honest, we’ve added DC and Kamara and now that’s enough for us to jump up into the top 8/7 next season? 

After what I saw from Gerrard last season I think a few people are in dreamland. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Yeh because we didn't have the squad capable of playing a 4-3-3 and two of our best assets are the forwards, so I can understand forcing them in more last season. I was hoping this would stop once he's had the summer to work on his system, you won't get anywhere playing Ings and Watkins up front with only Coutinho in there to create chances. 

But we’ve added no players yet to the front 3, why do you think it would change?

Just seen United's team, didn't realise how shit it still is. Van De Beek and Martial back playing who they were crucifying last season (along with the rest of the team tbh).

As expected and barring injuries, this team will be very close to what starts at Bournemouth.

Can only see Luiz, Bailey or Buendia possibly coming in, but eight or nine of these are nailed on to start the season opener now. 

5 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Gotta be honest, we’ve added DC and Kamara and now that’s enough for us to jump up into the top 8/7 next season? 

After what I saw from Gerrard last season I think a few people are in dreamland. 

It's not that Gerrard will get us there. It's that a good manager would, especially if we sign another starting player.

Good chance to do it this season and prove he's worth sticking with IMO.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MCU said:

Just seen United's team, didn't realise how shit it still is. Van De Beek and Martial back playing who they were crucifying last season (along with the rest of the team tbh).

Both looked excellent against Palace.

Gerrard still continuing down the Watkins-Ings route I see. Luiz and Buendia or Bailey should be in our first 11 most of the time next season but looks like they won't be.

United have ben good in preseason so far but that first 11 still looks very average in places. Should be looking to get a decent result. 

Â