vs Man Utd in Perth (July 23rd)

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Game means nothing at all. We’re just starved of football. 

This is true, but after just subjecting myself to watching a man utd fan preview i want us to smash the living daylights out of the arrogant sausages. I had hoped the arrogance would have dissipated after last season but sadly they think they are back and going to win the league.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

This is true, but after just subjecting myself to watching a man utd fan preview i want us to smash the living daylights out of the arrogant sausages. I had hoped the arrogance would have dissipated after last season but sadly they think they are back and going to win the league.

They’re idiots. We could win 4-0 or lose 4-0 it’s all going to be forgotten. We need to remember that no matter what the result. 

They ain’t doing shit this season.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

From memory, when pre season friendlies went really badly so did our season. But honestly my memory of them is scetchy so I'd like to see what others remember etc.? 

I'd imagine if we're having a Conte like pre season the lads will be barely able to muster the energy to walk onto the pitch! 

57 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They’re idiots. We could win 4-0 or lose 4-0 it’s all going to be forgotten. We need to remember that no matter what the result. 

They ain’t doing shit this season.

we beat them Pre season last term , took 4 points off them in the league and still finished 14th.

so it basically means nowt either way .....as you say.

35 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

honestly, I would play the b team and give nothing away.  We gain nothing from this kind of game.

Fitness as its our 2nd last friendly plus we need to work on our playing style

4 hours ago, Villastine said:

From memory, when pre season friendlies went really badly so did our season. But honestly my memory of them is scetchy so I'd like to see what others remember etc.? 

I'd imagine if we're having a Conte like pre season the lads will be barely able to muster the energy to walk onto the pitch! 

The year we finished top 6 under Brian Little think we lost all pre season

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TRO said:

While friendlies are friendlies.....this game will give us some insight to our  seasons expectations....it's not perfect UK conditions, but it could be a barometer for moving forward.

They say, We will see a different Man U team.....but I am hoping they see a different Villa team too.

Today is absolutely perfect UK conditions, it's hammering it down. Really hope it eases off later.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Fitness as its our 2nd last friendly plus we need to work on our playing style

Of course fitness and playing style matter.  I just don’t think this match is the place to focus on either.   Need to see how archer and others can manage the pressure.   

I really want to see a defined style of play but not holding out much hope after the Brisbane game. It's really a cluster **** that Critchley couldn't go to our pre season tour and train the players.

Also interested to see United, a few have said you can really already see Ten Hags influence on their style, considering they were as adrift as us if not more so last season, it'll be quite the eye opener if 9 months in we're still not showing much but they suddenly have a style and identity about them

• Like 1

Main team gets 60 minutes today. Expect that'll be pretty close to our Starting XI Vs Bournemouth. 

Martinez

Cash    Carlos    Mings.   Digne

Kamara

McGinn.      Ramsey

Buendia.                        Coutinho

Watkins

Is what I'm hoping for.

Although apparently the 'main' team that played behind closed doors yesterday was 4312 with Coutinho behind WatkIngs and Konsa/Carlos at CB.

• Like 1

Result doesn't matter but style of play does. Man U are a good opponent at this stage in pre season. 

I am looking to see Carlos & Chambers start to develop what I think will be our strongest defensive partnership.

Excited to see Kamara against top level opposition.

Result doesn't really matter, with the amount of subs on both sides I'd say the 90 minute performance doesn't matter... But I still want glimpses of positives throughout the game 

Want goals from all 3 of the strikers for a start just to give them that confidence boost

Don't mug ourselves off, good individual performances across the pitch and then some good link up play 

Buendia MOTM as I really want him to start vs Bournemouth and think he somehow still needs to prove himself to Gerrard 

Aaron Ramsey and timbo get some minutes too

Surely all that's not too much to ask

• Like 1

And for the lolz here is the team I would like to see start the game.

Martinez

Cash    Chambers  Carlos  Digne

Luis  Kamara  

Buendia   Ramsey   Coutinho

Ings

Â