vs Man Utd in Perth (July 23rd)

13 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

No Traore? 

I'm guessing he'll be on the move as doesn't seem to fit Gerrard's systems at all. We need to shed a few to be fair 

Bailey will get a reprieve this season as was injured a lot last year and has put in some training hours ahead of this pre-season which is paying off.

• Like 1

Just now, a m ole said:

It’s quite amazing for Villa fans to be upset that Phillipe Coutinho is starting for us in a friendly 

Names do nothing for me. He's been poor. Every player has to earn this shirt, I despise when managers overlook form for reputation.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

My worry is Gerrard doesn't know the best combo in the attacking third. I could see us having to keep switch formation and players and I'm not sure that's going to get the consistency needed for where the club keep stating they want to be. 

Now that’s a legitimate concern, although I don’t know, I don’t necessarily see it as a bad thing that we have really good players on the bench and options. The problem is when they’re not performing and keep playing which we don’t have evidence for yet

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I'm not 100% convinced he's our best player. 

Would agree from a consistency point of view but on he’s day he’s miles better than anyone else in our team. 

• Like 1

Just now, a m ole said:

Now that’s a legitimate concern, although I don’t know, I don’t necessarily see it as a bad thing that we have really good players on the bench and options. The problem is when they’re not performing and keep playing which we don’t have evidence for yet

I think our strength in depth in attacking players is arguably the best we've had in my lifetime. 

The issue is if we have to keep switching and changing because its not working. 

I worry that's going to happen because it was very rare that Watkins and Ings worked brilliantly together. 

• Like 1

Wanted to see Doug instead of McGinn but we’re all Perth of the Pride today amirite :trollface:

we should be beating this redmanc mob today or if not Gerrard is getting shown up by a manager taking on a mess and already getting a tune out of them. Goldbridge reckons Utd look fitter than we’ll be, lets see about that. We need to want it more than them and show it today.

2-1 Ings, Coutinho UTV

Just now, WHY said:

Would agree from a consistency point of view but on he’s day he’s miles better than anyone else in our team. 

For moments in a game I'd agree. But he goes missing a lot. Hopefully a proper pre season helps with that. 

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Names do nothing for me. He's been poor. Every player has to earn this shirt, I despise when managers overlook form for reputation.

He scored in his last competitive game for us mate. 

1 minute ago, WHY said:

His day was in 2016 wasn't it?

It’s a bit of a selection dilemma for SG. We either go two 10s and one 9, or one 10 and two 9s. If we go with one 10 then it’s clear who the first choice 10 is. And unfortunately for Buendia, we’ve looked better with two strikers.

Â