22 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Archer

Coutinho.    Buendia.     Bailey 

Luiz.                   Kamara 

Digne.       Carlos.     Chambers.    Cash

This is the blue ribbon side.

That’d be my team as well, with a new 9

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Well yes that made a difference but Man U had clearly stepped off and weren't pressing anywhere near as much. If you couldn’t see that then I can’t help you.

It was tactical to save them injuries. We still had to step it up to take advantage of that, and we did it well.

You could argue the reverse and say they were so much better than us in the first half because we were hesitant and they took greater risks. 

That's just football mate, it's not really so simple as United just handing us a draw as you're suggesting.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, est1874 said:

It was tactical to save them injuries. We still had to step it up to take advantage of that, and we did it well.

You could argue the reverse and say they were so much better than us in the first half because we were hesitant and they took greater risks. 

That's just football mate, it's not really so simple as United just handing us a draw as you're suggesting.

I never even suggested that and I wasn’t taking anything away from the second half players. You just sent me a sarcy post so I replied with one. 

It’s all good mate 👍🏼

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Haha 1

Back to back 0-2 draws against them will always be nice after all the years of their comebacks

Getting this Leon Bailey is the dream going forward, steering clear of niggles and problems. He looks very determined its lovely  to see. 

Be nice if Gerrard can show this animated side in all games not just because he hates Utd in future

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I never even suggested that and I wasn’t taking anything away from the second half players. You just sent me a sarcy post so I replied with one. 

It’s all good mate 👍🏼

Fair enough, wasn't trying to start anything pal, I think we've either misunderstood each other or we're just on totally different wavelengths.

• Like 1

At this rate, I’d be tempted to drop both Watkins and Ings and force them to fight for a a single spot in the side or even on the bench. No form whatsoever.

Maybe that would force or bring out the best in at least one of them… maybe a wake up call of some kind… I don’t know, not necessarily blaming them but it just hasn’t worked out.

And can we please STOP playing them together?! Sick of it. It only weakens us in midfield and makes us weaker in possession, almost like playing with 9/10 men at times and decreases the creativity of the side. They don’t even bloody score regularly!

It’s just stupid for Buendia not to be in this side. We shouldn’t be playing both JJ and McGinn in the same side either - it doesn’t help us in possession. Just look at the difference in that second half. I want a new CM or even a DM who is capable as a CM but Luiz is more of a help to Kamara than the pair of them. 

The strikers have both been a problem for us since we signed Ings imo and it just hasn’t worked out. So frustrating.

Sad to see the decline of Watkins when he was brilliant in his first season too.

Ings is slow, sluggish and past his peak. Despite the ability, he’s just been a waste of money so far imo…

Just imagine Buendia, Coutinho and Bailey supporting a single striker.

Tempted to try Bailey at CF too or just give Archer a few games…

To sign a new striker, we need to sell. But I also don’t see much attainable, higher quality out there. That’s a job for the scouts…

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Archer

Coutinho.    Buendia.     Bailey 

Luiz.                   Kamara 

Digne.       Carlos.     Chambers.    Cash

This is the blue ribbon side.

That looks a right good side. 👍

Add in a keeper and it is top notch. 😀

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Fair enough, wasn't trying to start anything pal, I think we've either misunderstood each other or we're just on totally different wavelengths.

Don't lie, you want to

spacer.png

• Haha 2

Very conflicted on the CB situation.

Chambers is really rather good isn’t he? 😆

Konsa is and always has been quality. Last season, most of our players were “off it” so maybe it’s not right to single out individuals too much. Overall, it was a shite campaign and poor finish/position. Disruptive too.

Who was ever really on form? Consistently? Even Martinez wasn’t at his best. Cash and JJ were the only real standouts but still not that consistent.

I’ve always backed Mings and he has brought more leadership, organisation and physicality than anyone so far… until our man Carlos has arrived… hope he can focus and improve Ty… 

I guess we just have to play it on form but it’s good to have genuine competition in that department.

Bringing Bailey on made all the difference.  Ings looks even slower than last season.  Its what it is though a pre-season friendly although with a competitive edge. First half we stood off them too much, second half we pressed better. 

• Like 1

I think Mings is now 4th choice.

I thought McGinn, Sanson, Buendia, Young, KKH, Bailey and Luiz all gave the manager something to think about. 

Worried about our fire power.

Coutinho was fine, it was everyone around him.

Kamara didn’t turn up. 

Worried we look vulnerable at the back still. 

Has Nakamba travelled? 

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Ah, been waiting for someone to say it was Man U letting us off the hook. Couldn’t have been anything to do with how we played?

Man you lot are a sensitive bunch. I didn’t say let us off the hook I said they weren't pressing as much. Obviously we played better too.

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The desire to play all three of McGinn, Ramsey and Coutinho is currently the biggest problem the manager has.

and persisting with the two strikers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bob Funkhouse said:

I think exactly this; gives coutinho a free role in which he can get on the ball as much as possible. 

Only concern would be who would play on the left if buendia wasn't available. I wouldn't want coutinho there any more but would prefer a right footer. Move Watkins maybe? 

McGinn could play there IMO. Plays more advanced for Scotland and has scored with regularity.

Â