vs Man Utd in Perth (July 23rd)

Just now, DCJonah said:

We've got some good player. Gerrard has to get that attacking 3rd right. 

100%. I think he made the right changes today and hopefully will want to prioritise Bailey and Buendia over Coutinho - unless he has a way to getting them all on the pitch together.

• Like 1

I think that shows we have to start Luiz and Kamara together, with Bailey and Buendia in the front 3/4 

Striker still an issue in my eyes, i'd also be looking for another 8 who can alternate with Ramsey 

• Like 2

Brilliant second half.

We have to go with one up top, most other teams do the same and Watkins and Ings are not good enough to accommodate both. 

Bailey was superb, Sanson looked good (and quick!), Kessler-Hayden looks a great backup for Cash and a helluva prospect.

I think considering the past season and that snapshot of two distinctly different 45 minutes of football it’s clear that one up top is the way forward, and if we’re being brutally honest, Bailey and Buendia as the starting two in behind, Coutinho just hasn’t looked great in what I’ve seen of pre season and he went off the boil last season after the first 7 or 8 appearances. 

This leaves a dilemma as to what to do with our 4 strikers, I’d sell Ings (if that’s possible, for a decent return, £20M ideally), have Archer as backup for Watkins and possibly keep Davis as if Archer / Watkins get injured that leaves us very thin. 

After a really poor first half we absolutely deserved the draw, WDFAFC! 

• Like 1

First half, all in front of United, second half, made them run back towards their own goal and what a difference 

Buendia and Bailey have to start, Chambers edges it over Mings.  Kessler-Hayden means Freddie is on his way, linked with Bailey really well.  Sanson did well in possession, out of possession is the concern.

Final statement, Utd get refereeing decisions even on the other side of the planet!

• Like 1

Awful first half but proud of the lads 2nd half. They put a shift in, special mention for Bailey, he looks like the player he was before the injuries. The lad Kesler will have a good career, he’s a proper modern day player.  

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Lol no need to be so touchy. I see the aggression but I also saw a lot of lost possession and not so great passing.

Well I don't really know what to say to you. Other than Bailey he's been the best player on the pitch for either side. If you don't see that it's hard to really convince you of anything. 

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

100%. I think he made the right changes today and hopefully will want to prioritise Bailey and Buendia over Coutinho - unless he has a way to getting them all on the pitch together.

Yeah we should give the first half criticism, but also give him credit for changing the game.

I REALLY hope he takes note of his own changes in the second half and actually starts the players on merit, not reputation, sentiment or seniority.

Â