Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

1 minute ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Gerrard better hope Konsa improves massively after that Spurs debacle. Weird why he's playing him again so can only assume he's done really well in training.

Nakamba would have given us more protection but is on the bench again. Hate Ashley Young being at LB but that's happens when you buy a player who's always injured.

The front three looks exciting, let's hope it clicks for them today. 

• Like 2

Get it done lads. Glad to see Bailey given a chance to get some form up. He's obviously doing it on the training ground and there's a player in there. 

• Like 3

Just now, BOF said:

Get it done lads. Glad to see Bailey given a chance to get some form up. He's obviously doing it on the training ground and there's a player in there. 

I agree. Thats the one thing i am happy about.

looks like Konsa is McGinn mk.2.

No idea how Konsa is in that 11 after his recent performances.

feel sorry for Buendia as his sub appearances have been great, but will be interesting to see if Bailey offers something.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Bailey over Ings or Buendia is a bold one - you would assume he's trained well.

He gives us something else, that bit of pace to go with Coutinho's smarts and Watkins muscle - might work.

Yeah the training game he scored two goals. I had a feeling Konsa would start as a, you'll have the chance to make amends.

I think the two 10s is defensively better than the one, plus Bailey can offer more goal threat and counter attacking pace than Buendia. 

1 minute ago, villanmac said:

The McGinn Luiz Ramsey midfield combination will be firmly imprinted in my head for years to come. When I'm 80 with alzeihmers it will probably be the only thing I'm history I'll be able to recite

I still traumatise over that Clark and Baker centre back partnership

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Ash young at left back. Id rather christene was given a go. Cant believe chambers isnt starting after how crap konsa has been

Chrisene is only just 18 and barely featured in the academy teams due to niggly injuries.

Today is not the game to thrown a young player under the bus and hope it comes off.

When safety is mathematically confirmed then we can try out a few youth players here and there.

Edited by theboyangel
Damn autocorrect
  • Like 2