Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

So they play 3 tough away games before they play us next week, Trips to PSV, Newcastle and Everton. 

Surely 4 games in 9 days for them should be in our favour considering we’ve had a 2 week break to freshen things up. 

Bookies have us 6/4 favourites for this and probably justified given the above 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kingman said:

So they play 3 tough away games before they play us next week, Trips to PSV, Newcastle and Everton. 

Surely 4 games in 9 days for them should be in our favour considering we’ve had a 2 week break to freshen things up. 

No excuses if we dont win this. 

Leicester touring Rotterdam or anywhere, liverpool or Rome in the next week.

On 12/04/2022 at 11:58, Kingman said:

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If it wasn't for their fixture congestion we'd have no chance. As it is, we have some small chance at least. But they're getting a lot of long term injuries back now which means a lot of their legs are fresher than they would otherwise be, and they'll have the likes of Vardy just back from injury too most probably.  So they'll also be able to rotate much better for the other games than they would have.

On 12/04/2022 at 04:58, Kingman said:

I'm surprised that Leicester are underdogs for this one when we are at home ! Just 4 points between the two clubs with both teams being a bit hit & miss this season. We have most of our team back from injuries now & Brendan has been rotating players for the last few games. Hopefully we can stay injury free & Jamie Vardy will be able to play. I will be getting a bet on Leicester now with the odds being so good though & hope for the best. It's usually a good close game !!

Personally I think a shake up is needed, but I haven't seen anything suggesting SG will deviate from the formation he wants to play. I'd LIKE to see;

-----------------------Martinez-----------------------

-----Konsa-------Chambers----Mings-------

Cash------------------------------------------Young

-------------Sanson----------Ramsey------------

-------Buendia-------------------Coutinho------

--------------------------Ings--------------------------

I THINK we'll see

-----------------------Martinez-----------------------

Cash-----Konsa-------------Mings-----Young

-------------------------Doug--------------------------

--------McGinn-----------------Ramsey---------

-----------------------Coutinho---------------------

-----------Watkins-------------Ings----------------

• Like 2

On 12/04/2022 at 06:58, Kingman said:

Let's hope they're half beat before we kick a ball. We are low on confidence and need any advantage we can get.

I'm increasingly worried at how things are going, and I'm not really sure why I should be seeing as we're in a very strong position compared ot not very long ago. I don't like the rumours of Gerrard's behaviour towards the squad, saying stuff like he's going to go out and buy a new captain really doesn't help there for example. If Gerrard has managed to alienate a lot of players and is saying they'll be gone in the summer, and we can't put out a team that is united and cohesive and on board with Gerrard's ideas and way of playing, then we're going to get stuffed by this lot.

2 hours ago, chappy said:

They play tomorrow and midweek. Also will likely rest a few ahead of their Euro Conference SF 

Yes ... Newcastle tomorrow & Everton on Wednesday.  We will definitely be resting players for the Conference Semi-Final against Roma on Thursday.

Feels like we’ve been saying this for a few weeks now but we need to stop this horrible run of defeats and quickly. Whether it’s a scrappy draw or score early and see the game out for a win.

We’ve got to try something different with the team and play either 3-4-2-1 or 4-3-3 with Chambers and especially Nakamba in, because the current formation is killing us when our full backs push on.

Konsa shouldn’t be starting after recent performances but Hause cannot be fit to start, otherwise I would put him in. Fingers crossed on Digne, otherwise Young starts. 3-4-2-1

Martinez

Konsa     Chambers     Mings

Cash           Nakamba        Luiz                Digne

Ramsey          Coutinho

Watkins

Ramsey or Buendia, or just Coutinho as a 10 and go with Watkins and Ings as a two up top?

Alternatively, we could try a more solid 4-3-3

Martinez

Cash     Chambers         Mings        Digne 

Ramsey        Nakamba        Luiz    

?                       ?                  ?           

I suppose any combination of Ramsey, Luiz, McGinn or Sanson, alongside Nakamba in the middle. Then a front three of whoever from Buendia, Bailey, Coutinho, Traore, Watkins and Ings.

We’ll probably won’t see any combination of the above come match day but I honestly think we need to try something different if we’re to turn this run of defeats around. UTV