Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

Might be looking into it too much again, but Luiz in that training video looked a bit half arsed. Not that I want him gone, but I think he's on his way in the summer, such a shame it hasn't worked out for him. I just feel he don't try hard enough.

Would expect Leicester to rest all of Evans, Fofana, Castagne, Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes and probably Ihenacho.

Got some good reserves but massively worrying if we not only lose but put in yet another limp performance.

That second half v them at VP was one of our best performances under Gerrard, saw out the game very well but rarely hit those heights since. Hopefully the players will remember that and be positive from kick off.

Think we'll get a 1-1 with us having the better of the game which we really should be expecting.

8 hours ago, TRO said:

Luiz and McGinn, has been tried and tried and tried again......you know what Albert said about doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results, don't you?

There is a danger, he could be right.....However, I accept we have little option.

🤔

Uncle Albert ?

image.png.2ce9f5f3fe4d312efd47ea31c101a5f3.png

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

At this point it's looking incredibly bleak. I'd take anything from this match.

Cheer up. A draw would be fine but to be honest, I’m delighted it’s match day after what has felt like forever without a match whilst the rest of the league played on. At least it will give us something new to talk about rather than recycling the same conversations.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, romavillan said:

Couple of sources:

https://todayuknews.com/us-news/tyrone-mings-captaincy-up-for-grabs-as-gerrard-plots-new-signings/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10700943/Steven-Gerrard-eyes-new-Aston-Villa-skipper-decision-set-end-season.html

no direct quote in there, but if you're Tyrone Mings that's probably not what you want to be hearing. He's blamed the players a few times after a loss too, it's certainly a change in culture. Smith did everything he could to make the players feel good. Gerrard seems a bit less lovey dovey to say the least! Especially publicly. I don't see it being especially useful when what we need is everyone in this group pulling together to get the results. 

On one hand, I agree with SG: Mings is not a good captain, and should never have been given it.

However, SGs comments about players are starting to feel Roy Keane-esque : and we all remember how well that worked out for him...

10 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Players look miserable

Pressures on them, Konza for example, if selected, how will he handle it. He is ok but a bit overrated by some, he has another level to find if he's in our future plans. We will be up against a better midfield today, a great opportunity for JJ, SM and whoever else, I guess Gerrard stays true to form and picks those two. This game is huge.

I'd still go with both Coutinho & Buendia but I would instruct the team differently and have those 2 wider not occupying the same space.

If fit I'd also go with Luiz & Nakamba in the double pivot. The 3rd CM spot would go to whoever is the least out of form and I'd have the full backs play in a more responsible way.

• Like 3