Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

I don't know what to expect!!

I doubt Gerard will make material changes.  I would like to see Sanson unless Stevie has already made his mind up about him.  If Digne is injured and we have to play Young (although I would prefer to see Chrisene as he is the future) I would prefer us to play three CBs and go 3-4-1-2 or 3-4-2-1.

If the Villa team that turned up in the second half against Arsenal or the first half against Spurs (minus the sloppy goal) show up for 90 minutes, we have a great chance of winning, but that has not happened for a while.

I just don't think we're good enough to win this. There's a malaise at Villa. We are Man Utd-lite. Several players who have one foot out the door. Little to play for. Disjointed, losing performances. Wish we could just fast forward the season. 

After the break we have had we should be getting 3 points from this, although as long as we work hard, I would settle for a draw. If we look half arsed again after all the rest we have had and we end up losing, I think I'm going to need therapy.

• Like 1

Leicester basically in semi retirement in premier league currently, had a fantastic start and barely attacked afterwards.

Will not be impressed at all if we lose this especially as they'll put out a weaker side than they did tonight.

On 19/04/2022 at 10:35, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

I’m surprisingly feeling a little confident about this. I’m not even sure why. Just have a good feeling about this one. 

same here. worryingly optimistic for zero reason whatsoever. can see us getting at least a draw

• Like 1