Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Do we reckon Bailey is playing up front instead of Ings or deeper instead of Buendia.

I think he'll play almost as a striker rather than a wide man or a ten.

BBC has Bailey alongside Watkins. Looks like it’s 4-3-1-2 again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

No Chambers, no Buendia. Gerrard is freezing out Buendia for Coutinho who might not be here next season. Make it make sense. 

Yes, bravo. That's exactly what's happening. Maybe there's fitness doubts, maybe he wants to try something different, Emi will still feature off of the bench.

15 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Chrisene is only just 18 and barely featured in the academy teams due to niggly injuries.

Today is not the game to thrown a young player under the bus and hope it comes off.

When safety is mathematically confirmed then we can try out a few youth players here and there.

I dont think we would throw him under a bus but id rather him been given a chance than young who isnt going to be here next season.

But yeah maybe as you say once we safe give him a start. No point rushing digne back once we safe

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Let's hope that over the break there was alot of time to work with a " system " and drill certain players into what we expect.

Knowing us, we concede within a couple mins and the " gameplan " doesn't matter anymore anyway 🙄

Seems to be a problem, is it nerves?

I’m not expecting anything from today except to concede an early goal after a bright first ten mins, then we’ll fall apart, mentally, before conceding another. We’ll rally back in the second half to score a consolation. Leaving us all wondering what would actually happen if we played like that for 90mins. 

So yeah, I am actually expecting something, I expect we’ll lose. 

1 minute ago, JB said:

I wince a little every time I see Buendia not starting. Potentially our best player being driven out. It’s a weird one as I thought he’d be the sort of player Gerrard would like - hardworking, gets stuck in and creative. 

I’m bemused by it to be honest. He was playing well when dropped. He has offered much more than Bailey and McGinn that’s for sure. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Villa87 said:

I’m bemused by it to be honest. He was playing well when dropped. He has offered much more than Bailey and McGinn that’s for sure. 

Theres definitely more than just how he was performing with the ball. That side of the game seemed fine.

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The bloke has got shit for brains. All talk.

Exactly like last time said he’ll change it did the one change when more was needed, sick of seeing the same faces every week no matter how they keep performing they start no matter what 🙄