Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

21 minutes ago, sne said:

I'd still go with both Coutinho & Buendia but I would instruct the team differently and have those 2 wider not occupying the same space.

If fit I'd also go with Luiz & Nakamba in the double pivot. The 3rd CM spot would go to whoever is the least out of form and I'd have the full backs play in a more responsible way.

Spot on. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I mean Buendia is decent but over Coutinho, I personally couldn’t make that selection. 

Its more of a defensive decision if we are playing 2 up front. Bring Coutinho on last 30 minutes 

I know we're not Man City and perhaps I've been playing too much FM/Fifa but...

I wonder if we could utilise one of our more attacking mids as a false 9/CF kind of player like City do with Sterling/De Bruyne/Grealish etc. Something like a..

Buendia - - - - - - - - - Bailey - - -

-  - - - - - - - Coutinho - - - - - - -

as an example. Even try McGinn there then you've got yourself plenty of defensive minded mids if you wanna play a mid 3 of Nakamba/Luiz/Ramsey.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MCU said:

I know we're not Man City and perhaps I've been playing too much FM/Fifa but...

I wonder if we could utilise one of our more attacking mids as a false 9/CF kind of player like City do with Sterling/De Bruyne/Grealish etc. Something like a..

Buendia - - - - - - - - - Bailey - - -

-  - - - - - - - Coutinho - - - - - - -

as an example. Even try McGinn there then you've got yourself plenty of defensive minded mids if you wanna play a mid 3 of Nakamba/Luiz/Ramsey.

I like this idea.