• Oasis
    • Lynard Skynard
    • The Allman Brothers
    • Coldplay
    • Nirvana
    • The Beatles
    • Queen

I grew up with them, I'm a massive queen geek

Similar. Loved them when I was younger. Still have a soft spot for them. Assuming Freddie was still alive, I can't think of another band I'd like to see play a headline set at a big stadium. I dislike stadium rock to be honest, but for Queen I'd make an exception.  

• Like 1

The list is of bands I either love or have barely heard anything from. I guess Coldplay is the only one that is a bit meh. Oasis are one of the greats just because of The Masterplan album and the b-sides that didn't even get on it. Much more than just a two album band. Most overrated band, I agree with Joy Division/New Order early on in the thread.

checks Pelle isn't looking ....

Watched a show on ITV the other night about Queen ... it showed an insight into how they wrote the songs , how they evolved , how David Bowie was a bit of a cock with Under Pressure and so on 

the interesting thing was that loathe them or loathe them their music is quite diverse  ... where as you can hear one Coldplay song and you've  no need to listen to the rest of their  entire catalogue as it's the same  .. Queen to their credit mixed it about a bit  ... We will rock you  .. it's just foot stomping and hand clapping with a guitar riff at the end  .. nobody released records like that ..but they did  ... Bohemian Rhapsody  ... 6 mins long with a mini opera in the middle nobody released singles like that ... but they did ... Elvis tribute act , sure lets do it and release crazy little thing called love ..bit of funk , sure lets release another one bites the dust  ..bit of gospel  , well lets do Somebody to love

their music isn't for me but to call them over rated I think is wrong  .. for the fan boys then sure they over rate them ( as do fans of any bad ) , but the rest of us are probably guilty of under rating them

i feel so dirty have written that :)

• Like 2

I was tempted to say David Bowie, I know he's got a few alright songs but I can't really understand why his music's so revered as much as it is.

He's savvy, chooses his co-conspirators with care and skilfully managed to reinvent himself every few years to stay relevant.

Hate him. Can't sing and steals ideas - BBC4's Krautrock documentary is well worth a watch.

• Like 2

Arcade fire or artic monkeys!'

Nah both quality bands. Arctic Monkeys seem to be the only band of the past 10 years who can continually write good albums. All other bands seem to disappear after 1 or 2 albums.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Arcade fire or artic monkeys!'

Nah both quality bands. Arctic Monkeys seem to be the only band of the past 10 years who can continually write good albums. All other bands seem to disappear after 1 or 2 albums.

Apart from Arcade Fire.  They have 4 good albums.

• Like 1

Iron Maiden and AC/DC should definitely be added to that list.

Iron Maiden - yes. I don't get their appeal. Rock-by-numbers.

AC/DC - with Brian, yes. Just not nearly as good as

AC/DC with Bon - NO! With Bon Scott they were **** awesome.

As for other comments, I'd agree with Arctic Flunkeys. can't stand that whiney northern accent going on about dressing gowns knickers and the pub

• Like 1

Â