• Black Sabbath
    • Oasis
    • Lynard Skynard
    • The Allman Brothers
    • Coldplay
    • Nirvana
    • The Beatles
    • Queen

I'm not sure if I missed this first time 'round (not looking through the thread to find out), but the correct answer is U2. Always U2.

You have said it before in this thread(I just went through it) and was correct then too. The second most overrated is The Smiths.

• Like 2

Now you've opened a can of worms! Not sure Stevo will like that question, as it's likely that people will just name bands he's never heard of!  ;)

Hard question to answer, but it always amazes me that Wooden Wand isn't as popular as I think he should be. 

• Like 1

1. Aerosmith - I don't have any feelings to them, they have some great songs but still...meh

2. Black Sabbath - awesome, when I was growing up Black Sabbath, Paranoid and Volume 4 were constantly playing, when I still listen to them now I can still taste the vodka

3. Oasis- again a band from when I was growing up, massively into these when I was between 14 and 17 nothing else came close

4. Lynard Skynard - <-- spelt wrong by the way, great band, one of my more listened to bands of today, primarily because my tastes have changed and I love southern rock and country

5. The Allman Brothers - only recently got into these, they are pretty good, I wouldn't say they are overrated because I don't barely ever hear them mentioned

6. bullet_star_rated.png Coldplay - despise this band and the word removed that sings nearly as much as Thom York (whooooo)

7. Nirvana - I can listen to a few tracks I know they were massive but I never got it

8. The Beatles - thanks to oasis I got into the beatles, that is one thing I will always be grateful to oasis for

9. Queen - my first true love when it comes to music, between the ages of 4 and 13 I point blank refused to listen to anything other than queen, I know every track they have ever done
  • Like 1

sabbath are still as relevant today as they were all those years ago, they are timeless and they have a back catalogue to rival any band. up there with the greatest bands ever and also one of the most important bands ever, like em or hate em you cant deny what they have done for music. they are the beatles of metal and were a very talented band with all except osbourne being a master of their trade and even ozzy back in his pomp was a great frontman and was completely unique. some people might think im biased and i am to a degree but the beatles,the stones,the who, sabbath and zeppelin shaped british music and their albums speak for themselves. also because sabbath get threw in the metal category they get looked down on by many people and dismissed, sabbath were more than just a metal band.........they are my band and have such a big place in my heart and life.

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 4

Now you've opened a can of worms! Not sure Stevo will like that question, as it's likely that people will just name bands he's never heard of!  ;)

Hard question to answer, but it always amazes me that Wooden Wand isn't as popular as I think he should be. 

I asked it and not sure I can answer it myself, Stevo's named a few bands I'd never heard of like Disclosure and Frankie Ocean so it goes both ways. I've heard of Wooden Hand but don't think I've given them a listen.

Lol I think Wooden Hand could do with a more google friendly name, I'm just getting pictures of actual Wooden Hands.

Edited by useless

I asked it and not sure I can answer it myself, Stevo's named a few bands I'd never heard of like Disclosure and Frankie Ocean so it goes both ways. I've heard of Wooden Hand but don't think I've given them a listen.

Lol I think Wooden Hand could do with a more google friendly name, I'm just getting pictures of actual Wooden Hands.

It's Wooden Wand:D Real name James Jackson Toth. 

I guess I'd say he's fairly derivative, but I like the genre he plays (kind of Psych Folk / Americana). I'd say he's similar to Devandra Banhart, Hush Arbors or Richard Youngs. 

• Like 1

I should have added another 10 bands up there, to be honest. But I still have to go with Aerosmith, what a shit band. They started off ok, then pressed the suck button. Just like Def Leppard. "High and Dry" was a solid hard rock album. Now look at them. Terrible.

Â