• Black Sabbath
    • Oasis
    • Lynard Skynard
    • The Allman Brothers
    • Coldplay
    • Nirvana
    • The Beatles
    • Queen

Shame he didn't do it a good few years earlier, we would be spared Nirvana! *opens can of worms then runs off*

yes, Chase and status are genius compared to Cobain aren't they? (rolly eyes emoticon)

I've never claimed chase and status revolutionised music though! ;)

Oxide and Neutrino, now there's a duo who revolutionised music.

I think so. Gareth kindly pointed me in the direction of their version of the prodigy's "No Good".

Best musical experience EVER.

In the words of Monty Brewster!

None of the above!!!

Very surprised the Beatles were not on the list, most of the time just god awful p(l)op for the masses.

So yes, the Beatles, so overrated they changed music and what it stood for; girls get your screaming voices.....unfortunately we still have to suffer them.

:D TOTALLY forgot about Oxide and Neutrino.

Wasn't it them that did the Casualty theme tune remixy type thingy?

Yes it was. Truly, they were musical visionaries.

:notworthy:

PJ and Duncan - :lol: people will better recognise them as Ant and Dec.

Bring back Oxide and Neutrino!

Kurt Cobain 17 years ago today. RIP.

:thumb:

Mention for Layne Staley also.

:cry:

Reminds me of an incident on facebook once - it was the day after Michael Jackson's death and one of my fat arse friends put (something like) this on his status:

Never thought Michael Jackson was a talented singer so could care less if he was dead

Not the exact quote, but I remember completely changing my opinion of him. Like MJ or not (and I'm not a Jackson fan) it's always sad for someone to pass away, at the age of 50 no less - classless prick.

• 3 years later...

Not a band but Kanye West, all his raps sound exactly the same and when ever I listened to anything by him the best thing about it has not been by him but a sample or the beat. There are loads much better.

have I ever posted in this thread? or have I just completely missed it? maybe I posted in it and then forgot about it, I dunno

I will not have anyone slagging off Kanye West though, the man is a legend, I couldn't tell you what genre he is let alone name a song by him but the man is so ludicrously stoopid he is brilliant.

Â