Pre match thread

mottaloo

Not that it's news to anyone but Souness really is a dreadfully lazy pundit. Gets asked about Coutinho playing for Villa and the best he can muster up is saying he doesn't reckon he tries hard enough when he doesn't have the ball, they proceed to wax lyrical about Son who incidentally has lesser defensive stats than Coutinho. Total parody at this stage.

7 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I’m on holiday right now enjoying 38°c sunshine on the beach, I might not watch the game but I couldn’t miss the pre-match mental breakdown. Keep the faith lads, we could maybe score a goal today!

but can we avoid losing possession/get caught on the counter or fall over and that not lead to a pathetically easy goal for the opposition?

We're always bollocks against Spurs, today won't be any different. 

Sanson getting dropped was inevitable the second he didn't single handedly dominate the game last week and score a hat trick of hat tricks. He'll be sold in the summer.

2 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

but can we avoid losing possession/get caught on the counter or fall over and that not lead to a pathetically easy goal for the opposition?

The answer is clear, it’s a no from me. 

• Like 2

Just now, brummybloke said:

Well all other games bar Southampton have gone against us. Let's hope its not a totally dog dirt day and we can scrape something from this game

In what sense? It's not like we're competing for anything meaningful 😅

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

Sanson getting dropped was inevitable the second he didn't single handedly dominate the game last week and score a hat trick of hat tricks. He'll be sold in the summer.

I fear it's inevitable unless he ups his turkey game. No good doing it on the pitch if you can't dress up in a silly costume over the Christmas.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Well all other games bar Southampton have gone against us. Let's hope its not a totally dog dirt day and we can scrape something from this game

happy with a first half shot on target this week

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well they are in very good form, have a couple of World Class players, and a World Class Manager.

However, I'm mostly dreading it due to you lot. Lol

I bet some people already have their post match rants written and just waiting to hit enter.

I'm sure they do.

Not a healthy situation. Then again the fans didn't chose Stevie G.

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

In what sense? It's not like we're competing for anything meaningful 😅

Leeds Brighton Everton, the teams we were well clear of. All winning. Add in Newcastle and there's little now between 9th and 17th

Just now, brummybloke said:

Leeds Brighton Everton, the teams we were well clear of. All winning. Add in Newcastle and there's little now between 9th and 17th

So you're actually suggesting we've been dragged into a relegation dogfight?

I didn't think VT could any more absurdly grim but here we are.

Just now, est1874 said:

So you're actually suggesting we've been dragged into a relegation dogfight?

We would literally need to lose every single game we have left (which would make it 11 defeats in a row), and STILL need Burnley or Everton to turn in a miraculous change in form

• Thanks 1