Ratings & Reactions: West Ham v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/03/22 at 00:00

So a flat performance on scale of Newcastle away after a midweek game....

If he wants to be a top manager here he needs to learn it's o.k to freshen up the team a bit even if we're winning and playing well. Likes of Tuchel and Pep have no hesitation doing it season in season out.

Not like we can just say the bench has a bunch of kids and Kienan Davis on anymore either.

Needs to wise up a bit more otherwise we'll have more of these defeats next season especially if aim is to be eventually competing midweek in europe.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

So a flat performance on scale of Newcastle away after a midweek game....

If he wants to be a top manager here he needs to learn it's o.k to freshen up the team a bit even if we're winning and playing well. Likes of Tuchel and Pep have no hesitation doing it season in season out.

Not like we can just say the bench has a bunch of kids and Kienan Davis on anymore either.

Needs to wise up a bit more otherwise we'll have more of these defeats next season especially if aim is to be eventually competing midweek in europe.

I hate this idea that you stick with a winning team, the top teams that go on long winning runs rotate heavily, we now have a strong squad where we can rotate but don't and have paid the price again. 

• Like 4

Rubbish. But we had a game like this coming unfortunately and it’s a tough place to go. Fans will moan about no changes but you’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t. I don’t think it would have made any difference what team we selected. This loss has been the least disappointing of the season due to recent form. Next.

• Like 2

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Huge mistake not making any changes. We have a squad, **** use it

Not just that.

West Ham were well on top for 15 minutes before they scored. Bailey and Sanson should've been on at hour mark as that game was still there to be won.

• Like 2

Leggy game today. Not normally one to moan about subs but I thought it was clear that Coutinho was gassed after about an hour and could have been taken off for one of the attacking options rather than removing Luiz and giving up even more of a hold on midfield than we already had. Think Sanson can be justified in feeling awfully hard done by at this stage.

With the season pretty much over in terms of anything to play for I'm finding it difficult to feel much emotion about the result.

West Ham are a good, well organised team with a good manager and good players, they thoroughly deserved the win. Hopefully we can get closer to them next season

• Like 2

Always disappointing to lose to Wimbledon , but we didn’t really threaten enough going forward to deserve anything today.

Defence stood quite firm until the goal and the second one was more as a result of trying to chase the game , shame we didn’t attack them until it was too late 

we will do better next week v Arsenal as they play football and we seem better suited to teams that try to play 

fair play to Moyes , it works for them , but I remember for years all my West Ham mates going on about “ the West Ham way “ .. they seem to have embrace the Moyes way instead now … 

• Like 1

Â