Ratings & Reactions: West Ham v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/03/22 at 00:00

Just now, gwi1890 said:

We were better first half , we failed to make the most of our opportunities, West Ham didn’t , could have gone either way not to disheartened by this result. 

I don’t think we were. I thought West Ham were the better side for the most part unfortunately. 

• Like 1

Ratings:

Martínez- 7/10

Cash- 5/10

Chambers- 5/10

Mings- 5/10

Digne- N/A

McGinn- 4/10

Luiz- 4/10

Ramsey- 6/10

Coutinho- 6/10

Ings- 6/10

Watkins- 5/10

Young (Digne 10)- 4/10

Bailey (Ings 69)- 7/10

Buendía (Luiz 78)- 6/10

I'd start Coutinho-Ings-Bailey next game

Edited by messi11

My take away is West Ham are a very decent side and we ran them close at their place. 

I think we needed action from the manager much earlier. I’m still unsure about McGinn. Thought Luiz is looking much better despite having one arm behind his back. Our forwards were quiet, and I think Baileys pace and penetration was needed in the second half, we were far too slow to attack and Wedt Ham as good as anyone at defending as a team.

We learn a little more and move on.

• Like 4

Good periods in the first half and finished the game well. I think we will see two 10s behind Watkins in the next game. Buendia was brilliant and for me MOTM. Fabinaski made two top saves (Emi made a world class one too). So we created against a very negative West Ham team. 

Final thought thank **** Moyes isn't our manager, he's anti-football at it finest. 

We were pretty good really, attritional game against a team that were light years ahead of us not very long ago. We went to their place and competed very well apart from a 10-15 minute spell int he second half when we went to sleep a bit. I think we had some tired legs but we still made enough chances to have got at least a point.

Not a disaster by any stretch and not a bad performance really despite a lot of people saying so in here....

• Like 4

not a bad performance really, clear errors in the lead up to the first goal by giving away too much space, same for the second but 2-1 on the face of things isnt something to be too upset about. Sanson must start against Arsenal, we are going to need the midfield to compete and to be able to make use of the ball when we do have it.

• Like 2

We aren't finishing any higher than 9th so in the grand scheme it doesn't really matter.

Still, our recent form against this lot is horrific, would have been nice just to not lose.

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Always disappointing to lose to Wimbledon , but we didn’t really threaten enough going forward to deserve anything today.

Defence stood quite firm until the goal and the second one was more as a result of trying to chase the game , shame we didn’t attack them until it was too late 

we will do better next week v Arsenal as they play football and we seem better suited to teams that try to play 

fair play to Moyes , it works for them , but I remember for years all my West Ham mates going on about “ the West Ham way “ .. they seem to have embrace the Moyes way instead now … 

West Ham are the team who benefited most from no fans. It enabled Moyes to get his style of play across without constant boos from the stands. No chance he turns them around like he has with fans in, the majority didn’t want him back. 

• Confused 2

Gerrard too rigid in his selection and substitutions. 

That said, I thought it was an encouraging first half.

Flat second half when the game was winnable.

The Europe fantasy can be put to bed. We are not nearly that level. 

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I don’t think we were. I thought West Ham were the better side for the most part unfortunately. 

On the entire balance of the game they where better but not by much, we really should have made our early dominance in the first 25 mins pay.

• Like 3

Â