Ratings & Reactions: West Ham v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/03/22 at 00:00

4 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Imagine watching that style of football week of n week out in that soulless shithole of a football ground. 

Exactly absolute anti football,  but I suppose it get’s results 

Can’t understate the importance of Digne to this team. Coutinho didn’t have an out ball when he dropped back to get the ball. Young just doesn’t have the legs and athleticism of Digne. He didn’t do anything wrong either. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Just has to be replaced. He is so far from being good enough. His ability to kill attacks is second to none. 

This is what i mwan he is like a 1 in 5 good game player. So ineffective and frustrating.  He isnt good wnough if we want to get to the next level 

• Like 1

Don’t agree with the take he needed to shuffle things around. We didn’t look tired, we came out of the blocks strongly. West Ham are just better than us. I don’t think that loss is on anyone. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Can’t understate the importance of Digne to this team. Coutinho didn’t have an out ball when he dropped back to get the ball. Young just doesn’t have the legs and athleticism of Digne. He didn’t do anything wrong either. 

Yeah, Digne injured is a big problem.

5 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Oh and I have to say fair play to Yarmolenko, it can't be easy to focus and perform and score when your home is getting blown to shit.

And he plays in the same team as Zouma, who kicks cats 

I'm trying to work out what the first sentiment as to do with the second.

• Haha 1

Our midfield was played through all game, I don't recall a single time we broke up a West Ham attack in midfield.

This team is, and was, crying out for a defensive midfielder. Instead we have above average attackers to beat the band. 

8 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think today just showed how difficult West Ham are to play against.  No disgrace in losing that match really.

They're a terrible match up for us nowadays. Physical CBs who handled Ings and Watkins with ease today, Soucek and Rice easily nulified our CMs who have been in good form recently and they have plenty of direct and tricky players upfront.

Ironically losing Antonio and playing Yarmolenko as false 9 improved them a fair bit.

That said we actually played them at a good time in the season compared to the VP game as they've not been in good form recently and this game was inbetween the euro ties.

They're better than us currently but I'm not accepting them finishing 10 + points ahead of us each season. We can't keep playing the "these clubs have been in prem longer and spent more money than us" card for eternity. 

Am I the only one that thought West Ham had a player in an offside position blocking Emi's view for their first? It would have been a pretty big call I guess in the circumstances. 

Was a very close game and but for Fabianski palming that shot into the post it could have been a very different result. 

Some encouraging cameos from Bailey and Buendia. 

Bit more rotation of the squad needed I think and I suspect we might see Konsa back next match. 

West ham er where they are on merit. Difficult team to play against. I personally thought the narrowness killed our attacking play today, we were much to easy to defend against. We aren't a top team (yet) and will always lose games here and there, just need to bounce quickly back.

I do worry about how absolutely terrible we are when we are allowed to have possession, can't remember a Villa team that actually looked decent when in possession. 

11 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Yep, far too much reliance on Coutinho today. Everything can’t go through him, it becomes way too predictable

Yes it sometimes feels like we're playing Grealish ball but with Coutinho. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Got beat by a better team. Not much more to say about it.

Yep sums it up for me.  There is a reason they are challenging for Europe and we are challenging for midtable.  It’s just where we are in our journey.  If we play at the same level they are the better team and that showed today.

• Like 4

Â