Kalvin Phillips

Delphinho123

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

Once the hammy goes…..

I understand that as a concern, but to me when I see numerous people talking about his worrying "injury record" it makes it sound like he has been constantly injured over his career. I was expecting a much longer list when I looked at it and I bet half the people worried about it had no idea he apparently has had so few injuries.

It wouldn't take much to convince me that list is wrong anyway as it seems suspiciously short. I get more injuries than that reaching for things in cupboards.

The reality is though that how he plays between now and the end of the season will determine whether or not we bid for him. If he comes straight back in playing at a high intensity for the rest of the season without any more problems our medical people may feel it isn't a concern.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Does transfermrkt not have very good data, or is the injury record below really the cause of so many concerns?

image.thumb.png.e4374d032ad3957b1712b93967b84b32.png

Transfermarket does not have very good data on injury records. But its one of the few places you can find an injury record in the first place.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

That might be true but that hasn't reallly worked with Bailey, Traore, and Sanson as we don't seem to know what to do with them anymore. That is about £60 million of transfer fees just rusting on the bench.

That’s down to injury 

6 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Even PL players can't cope with the PL. Plenty of cases where a PL players moves to another club in the league and fails to perform at their prior level. I've yet to see any evidence whether the rate at which this happens is any different to when a player comes from a foreign league into the PL.

Exactly. The idea that by signing from within the league you guarantee players click right away is wrong.

By limiting us to Prem players we will always pay way too much, not to mention how much more difficult it is to attract players who are already in this league.

If we go after Phillips with Bissouma as the second option, it’s very likely we’ll have to endure months of reporting about various bids followed by us signing no-one. Much like those embarrassing chases after JWP and Smith Rowe.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, messi11 said:

£60 million for Philips NO THANKS!
What are the club doing if true????  We can 2-4 talents for that. 

Villa should be a club signing the best young talents in the UK/WORLD not signing finish articles. Guehi, Eze and Michael Olise should be at Aston Villa and not Crystal Palace, Tammy Abraham should be here not Danny ings.  What was the point of employing 'the guy famous who signed Kante and Maharez at Leicester' and Lange if we just going to sign players little Mo who works in Tescos Witton have heard of.

we have them type of players already, when they play to their potential.....its Gallagher who is making them tick.

I think your last line has merit.......Is Lange really the business?

45 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

The only player you could argue has been badly managed is Sanson

The problem is here......Sanson is, too samey to what we already have.

Edited by TRO

16 minutes ago, TRO said:

The problem is here......Sanson is, too samey to what we already have.

I don’t know tbh. He’s better on the ball than Mcginn imo, in games where we’re struggling to keep possession id rather have him on the pitch than Mcginn trying to ping balls everywhere

• Like 2

Look at it really simply. To kick on we need to be signing players who, when they leave their current club, the fans are devastated or unfurlinng banners with "Thank you <insert player name>".

Instead we've been signing players from clubs where the fans are delighted at the fee they've received and basically laughing at us. This is the case for Bailey, Traore, Sanson maybe even Ings.

I feel like Phillips is at least in the former camp, a player who's proven he has what it takes and is on the up.

2 minutes ago, kevpants said:

Look at it really simply. To kick on we need to be signing players who, when they leave their current club, the fans are devastated or unfurlinng banners with "Thank you <insert player name>".

Instead we've been signing players from clubs where the fans are delighted at the fee they've received and basically laughing at us. This is the case for Bailey, Traore, Sanson maybe even Ings.

I feel like Phillips is at least in the former camp, a player who's proven he has what it takes and is on the up.

Leverkusen fans were disappointed Bailey left, so was Norwich with Buendia and Ings with Southampton as they offered him the largest deal in club history. Bremen were disappointed we nearly signed Rashica last year 

On the other hand Everton and Barcelona fans were happy to get rid of Digne and Coutinho 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

If Wolves paid the reported 60 million 200k a week for a player that has played one full season in the top flight then we would be laughing at them as well 

everyone laughed at us when we paid 20m for mings

worth at least double that now

• Like 1

I think if this happens then it'll be an early window one like Buendia. Leeds will want to use the funds to rebuild the squad. Phillips isn't signing a new deal there and this is the only summer they can get top money for Phillips. He would be perfect at the base of the diamond in a 4 4 2 with Coutinho as the 10

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Leverkusen fans were disappointed Bailey left, so was Norwich with Buendia and Ings with Southampton as they offered him the largest deal in club history. Bremen were disappointed we nearly signed Rashica last year 

On the other hand Everton and Barcelona fans were happy to get rid of Digne and Coutinho 

Everton fans weren’t happy to lose Digne, much the opposite. Rafa was happy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Everton fans weren’t happy to lose Digne, much the opposite. Rafa was happy.

Not from some of the posts I saw. Called him a liability that peaked 18 months ago

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

Once the hammy goes…..

I think hamstring problems for strikers and wingers are quite a big deal, but less so for a defensive midfielder. Much easier for him to manage it, and not let it affect his game.

• Like 1

I've been looking on the Everton forum recently and they're contantly moaning about the fact that Digne was sold, just go on grandoldteam and type his name into the search engine to see it's true.

Also Southampton fans weren't that bothered about Ings, during last season he had made it public that he wanted to leave and a lot of their fans felt that after that his performances had deteriorated because he'd 'downed tools', they were even less bothered when they saw how much we were paying for him.

Â