Kalvin Phillips

Delphinho123

But seriously, Phillips size. People have been complaining for years about Villa having too small players and the need for a physically imposing DM. Phillips is no bigger than most of our players - a little taller than Dougie, roughly the same size as McGinn and smaller than Ramsey. Is Phillips big enough?

Bissouma is bigger btw and would offer more midfielder mass per pound.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

But seriously, Phillips size. People have been complaining for years about Villa having too small players and the need for a physically imposing DM. Phillips is no bigger than most of our players - a little taller than Dougie, roughly the same size as McGinn and smaller than Ramsey. Is Phillips big enough?

only because he has that shitty haircut

5 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

You buy whatever the right player is at the time.

It would be very beneficial if we had two big lads playing in a double pivot for set pieces at both ends and if they have longer than average legs that can be beneficial in the tackle too.

Would love to sign him but feels unlikely. If Leeds had any sense they'd throw a load of money at him as he's integral to that team and also the fans. Can't see this happening and we'll most likely end up chasing him only for him to pie us in the face by staying put. He'd improve us greatly.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, roonst83 said:

Would love to sign him but feels unlikely. If Leeds had any sense they'd throw a load of money at him as he's integral to that team and also the fans. Can't see this happening and we'll most likely end up chasing him only for him to pie us in the face by staying put. He'd improve us greatly.

I can see this happening, just like ESR and JWP.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He'd pick West Ham over us.

I think this interest is a bit of a smokescreen and we'll go back in for Bissouma. Feels like Gerrard has decided that's his man.

Maybe his buddy Purslow will talk him out of it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I was really surprised by Purslow’s comments on Bissouma. If the club has any interest in him still it’s very unusual behaviour to have the CEO publicly mocking him.

It's to keep his numbers down, he's hardly going to sing his praises... However, I don't think Bissouma is all that 

24 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

It's to keep his numbers down, he's hardly going to sing his praises... However, I don't think Bissouma is all that 

Did you see Bissouma vs Everton in full?

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He'd pick West Ham over us.

I think this interest is a bit of a smokescreen and we'll go back in for Bissouma. Feels like Gerrard has decided that's his man.

I think the only chance of him leaving, is relegation.

We are currently stuck between a rock and a hard place.

It seems......Not good enough to attract better players, until we establish ourselves higher up the league......now that is what I call, tricky.

7 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

Kante is like 5'7" 

I think he has 12 months left on his contract in the summer. Worth a cheeky bid? 😄

1 hour ago, TRO said:

We are currently stuck between a rock and a hard place.

It seems......Not good enough to attract better players, until we establish ourselves higher up the league......now that is what I call, tricky.

It is tricky, the top 6 is virtually set in stone and then we have the bottom 14 which we are a part of. I know it sounds silly but in the Premier League, pretty much anyone can beat anyone on any given day. We are fortunate to be a part of what is commonly acknowledged to be the best league in the world which I agree with. The squad we currently have is the best we have had for about a decade or so, we have been through quite a lot of turmoil in that time, culminating in our relegation in 2015/16, it was a dark day for the football club, we were a shambles at that time. I like to think that we are in a much better place now but nothing should be taken for granted

• Like 1

Â